Water Resources Designer / EIT - Vancouver, WA
Otak is currently seeking to hire a Water Resources Designer / EIT to join our Water and Natural Resources team in our Vancouver office.
Our team works with many communities around the area on a broad range of municipal and private projects. Areas of focus for this position will be in the areas of master planning, urban storm water retrofits, stormwater treatment, hydrologic analysis, hydraulic analyses (pipes and open channel), roadway drainage, private site drainage, flood hazard mitigation, restoration of river/stream/wetland systems.
Responsibilities will include:
- Collection and analysis of data
- Design and permitting reports
- GIS Mapping and Analysis
- Perform hydrologic and hydraulic modeling
- Performing design calculations
- Support Stormwater/Green Infrastructure design projects
- Preparing design drawings and specifications
- Preparing cost and schedule estimates
- Support Natural Systems design projects
- Assisting with client development and proposal activities
- Must be able to work in a multi-discipline, team-oriented environment, be able to meet tight deadlines, and work independently
- Must have approximately two (2) years or more of relevant professional experience in Environmental or Water Resources Engineering with an emphasis in hydrology, Low Impact Development (LID), hydraulic analyses, stormwater treatment, roadway drainage, or other similar emphasis
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering with an emphasis on Water Resources. A Master’s degree in Environmental Engineering, Water Resources Engineering, or related engineering program is preferred
- Must have successfully passed the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) or Engineer-in-Training (EIT) exam
- Experience with XP-SWMM, HSPF, HEC-HMS, HydroCAD, WWHM, or similar hydrologic and hydraulic models is required
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, GIS, and AutoCAD or MicroStation is required
- Ability to work in a team environment with individuals who have a passion for our industry
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills are highly desired
Otak is the premier natural resources firm in the Pacific Northwest. Our scientists and water resource engineers have a reputation for sound knowledge, creative solutions and responsive customer service. Our team of scientists and engineers are highly educated and experienced in the fields of ecology, wetland science, water quality, wildlife biology, fluvial geomorphology, botany, aquatic biology and fisheries.
If this sounds like you, we encourage you to come and be a part of the Otak team. Otak is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Location: Vancouver, WA
Application Method: Online: https://boards.greenhouse.io/otak/jobs/4962943002?gh_src=98744d772us
Base Pay: DOQ