IT System Administration - Cloud Infrastructure Lead
Salary: $89,772.00 - $120,720.00 Annually
Location: Thurston County – Tumwater, WA
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Department: Dept. of Transportation
Job Number: 20DOT-HQ-00853e
Closing: 12/7/2020 11:59 PM Pacific
Description About WSDOT:
Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT) is the steward of an integrated, multimodal transportation system that helps to ensure people and goods move safely and efficiently throughout the state. In addition to building, maintaining, and operating the state highway system, WSDOT operates the largest ferry system in the nation, manages the world's longest floating bridge, and recently completed the world's widest tunneling project.
WSDOT is currently seeking a senior level system administrator to fill a vacancy within the Enterprise Server Support group’s enterprise Web Services team working out of Tumwater, WA. The Server Support group provides enterprise-wide technical expertise, management and strategic leadership for server and cloud-based infrastructure. This position is the Enterprise technical system administrator and applies advanced technical knowledge to independently administer and consultant on infrastructure.
What to Expect:
Among the varied range of responsibilities held within this role, this position will:
- Perform architecture and administration of cloud hosting systems and services.
- Perform primary system administration of complex application delivery infrastructure.
- Perform installation, planning, implementation, maintenance, monitoring and troubleshooting of complex enterprise Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) for internal and external agency environments.
- Perform advanced system administration of website and web server infrastructure.
- Act as the Cloud Services Hosting and technical lead, along with collaboration with management, communications professionals, content providers, application developers, and the public and utilize information gathered and translate into actionable items for projects.
To be considered for this opportunity, the following are required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressive, full-time experience supporting and administering Microsoft Windows
- Server operating system. (additional full-time Information Technology work experience can substitute for education if applicable).
- Advanced knowledge and a minimum of five (5) years experience with Microsoft Windows Server operating system.
- Advanced knowledge and a minimum of five (5) years experience with server security concepts including
- Authentication, Authorization and role based security controls.
- Advanced knowledge and a minimum of five (5) years experience with server networking concepts including the
- TCP/IP protocol and domain naming services (DNS).
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Azure.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS).
- Working knowledge of Public Key Infrastructure (PKI).
- Working knowledge of Citrix NetScaler application delivery controller appliances.
- Work-Life Balance – We offer flexible work schedules that allow you time for your life outside of this excellent opportunity.
- Paid Leave – In addition to 10 paid holidays, full-time employees earn a minimum 14 paid vacation days per year!
- Tuition Assistance – Our employees have several options for assistance with education expenses, including tuition reimbursement programs, government discounts at participating colleges throughout the state, and eligibility for federal student loan forgiveness.
- Plan For Your Future – WSDOT offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes a variety of healthcare options. Employees also have their choice of state retirement programs, and much more. Go to State Benefits for more information.
Check out this video to learn more: Why WSDOT?
How to Apply:
Applications for this recruitment will be accepted electronically. Your relevant experience may be evaluated to determine salary. Therefore, it is very important that the “Work Experience” portion of the application be completed in as much detail as possible.
Please click the "APPLY" button to proceed. Note that you will be prompted to either sign in, or create an account. This step is required in order to submit an application to this opportunity.
WSDOT is an equal opportunity employer. We value the importance of creating an environment in which all employees can feel respected, included and empowered to bring unique ideas to the agency. Our diversity and inclusion efforts include embracing different cultures, backgrounds and viewpoints while fostering growth and advancement in the workplace. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, persons of disability, persons over 40 years of age, disabled and Vietnam era veterans, as well as people of all sexual orientations and gender identities are encouraged to apply. Persons with disabilities needing assistance in the application process, or those needing this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the listed Recruiter.
WSDOT does not use the E-Verify system. For more information, please visit www.uscis.gov
For inquiries about this posting, you may contact the assigned Recruiter, Eirik Landes at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to reference 20DOT-HQ-00853e in the subject line.
Location: Tumwater, WA
Application Method: Online: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/washington/wsdot/jobs/2921715/it-system-administration-cloud-infrastructure-lead
Base Pay: $81,420 - $109,500 YR