Employer: G.S. Long Company
Full Job Description for Assistant Controller:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist Controller with all responsibilities of overseeing day to day operations and management of employees within the accounting department
• Perform general accounting tasks to include reviewing and preparing of journal entries, account reconciliations and month end closing process
• Assist with customer service, including customer calls and maintenance of customer records.
• Assist Controller with new customer account information and setup, terms codes, and consultant information; oversee conversion process of sales orders to invoices.
• Management of past due accounts receivable by preparing and communicating actions for resolution.
• Monitor and enforce internal control policies and procedures.
• Preparation of timely month-end financial closing, includes generating and verifying accuracy of monthly customer statements.
• Assist Controller with all functions within accounting, including customer deposits payments on account, accounting for credit card statements, review and approval of vendor payments and management of corporate credit cards.
• Assists Inventory Manager with ACH processing for trade payables and other inventory management duties.
• Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential
*Other duties as assigned
• Three(3) years of progressive experience in Accounting.
• Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and/or Credit Management experience a plus.
• Agricultural experience a plus.
• Advanced skills in MS Excel.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
• Strong work ethic, self-motivated, and proactive with a high level of integrity.
• Demonstrate ability to meet deadlines with a high degree of accuracy.
• Strong interpersonal skills with a high degree of maturity, diplomacy, and professionalism.
• Customer service-oriented approach by responding to requests with a sense of urgency and helpfulness.
• Ability to be flexible and able to function comfortably in a fast paced, constantly changing and ambiguous environment.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Some Saturdays and after hours work hours may be required.
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Union Gap, WA
Application Method: Upload your resume at: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs?clientkey=E3A7EB9F54DF16CEC3F0739643BFC065
Base Pay: DOQ