Employer: Washington State
Salary: $64,332.00 - $84,396.00 Annually
Location: Thurston County – Olympia, WA
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Department: Administrative Office of the Courts
Job Number: 2020-31
Reporting to the Infrastructure Manager within the Infrastructure Department of the Administrative Office of the Courts, assists AOC staff with technical support of desktop computers, applications, and related technology. Responsible for assisting in and maintaining agency standards, procedures, and guidelines related to desktop software.
This position will assist staff with technical support of desktop computers, applications, and related technology. The support will include specification, installation, and computer systems testing and peripherals within established standards and guidelines.
The position's activities will require interaction with application software and operating systems to diagnose and resolve unique, non-recurring problems and perform first-level support on diagnosing network-related issues with computer equipment. The position will require independent analyses, communication, and problem-solving while performing these duties with little supervision and requires initiative and sound judgment.
Detailed information (scope of responsibility, essential activities, and key competencies, etc.) about the job can be found by viewing the Job Description at Washington Courts Careers, under Current Openings, click on Washington Courts and the Announcement.
- Assists staff with the installation, configuration, and ongoing usability of desktop computers, peripheral equipment, and software within established standards and guidelines.
- Works with vendor support contacts to resolve technical problems with desktop computing equipment and software.
- Works with Help Desk and Network Operations staff as appropriate to determine and resolve problems received from AOC staff.
- Ensure desktop computers interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems, including associated validation systems, file servers, email servers, computer conferencing systems, application servers, and administrative systems.
- Trains and orients staff on the use of hardware and software.
- Maintains images of Windows workstations for the rapid deployment of computers.
- Recommends and / or performs upgrades on systems to ensure longevity.
- Maintains accurate ticket generation records for all Desktop activities performed.
- Performs other duties as required.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or closely allied field; AND
- One (1) year of experience performing technical information technology work in an information technology environment.
- A combination of education and experience that demonstrates a working knowledge of the functions and typical work of Information Technology Specialist 1, may substitute for the qualifications listed.
THE IDEAL APPLICANT WILL ALSO HAVESOME OR ALL OF THE FOLLOWING KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS OR ABILITIES:
- Microsoft Windows Operating Systems
- Microsoft Office Products
- Office related software products
- Problem Tracking Systems
- Virus Prevention Software
- Basic knowledge of Active Directory user administration
- Zoom Video Conferencing
The following items are REQUIRED for your application to be considered complete:
Cover Letter (no more than two pages)
Judicial Branch/AOC Application for Employment
Note: ALL sections of the Application must be completed. The Judicial Branch/AOC Application for Employment can be found at www.courts.wa.gov/employ, under Current Openings, click on Washington Courts, the Application is located at the bottom of the page.
It is preferred applications be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org in a PDF format (Word documents are also accepted).
You can also mail your materials to:
Administrative Office of the Courts
Attn: Human Resources
PO Box 41170, Olympia, WA 98504-1170.
Faxed copies can be sent to 360-586-4409. Late applications will not be accepted when a deadline is expressed.
The initial screening will be based on the content and completeness of your application and the materials submitted. All information may be verified and documentation may be required. Applications with comments such as "see attachments" or "N/A" will be considered incomplete.
This is a FLSA exempt position.
SPECIAL NOTE: Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the job.
Location: Olympia, WA
Application Method: Online: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/washington/jobs/2902760/desktop-support?category=IT%20and%20Computers&sort=PostingDate%7CDescending&page=3&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
Base Pay: $64,332 - $84,396 YR