Employer: Energy Northwest
Job Title: I&C Technician-InGrade (Job ID: 6444)
Assist Journeyman I&C technicians responsible for installation, maintenance, repair, and calibration of plant and test instrumentation related to operation of large nuclear generation plants.
• Assist in the performance of surveillance tests and calibration of critical and non critical instrumentation (e.g., power range monitoring systems, control rod drive multiplexing systems, pressure instruments, measurement and test equipment, and reactor simulator).
• Assist in the troubleshoot and repair process instrumentation used to monitor and control flow, radiation, temperature, pressure, power level, etc., including both pneumatic and electronic types.
• Assist in initial system lineup, calibration, pre-operational testing and startup testing of installed systems.
• Assist assigned supervision in the preparation of tooling and spare parts requirements, computer listing of instrumentation and spares, preparation of instructions, and establishing a preventive maintenance program.
• Assist in maintaining auxiliary instruments and instrumentation systems (e.g., assigned computers, air conditioning controls).
• Assist in the performance of other tasks as required.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Requires a high school diploma/GED and a minimum of two years of related technical/academic training in instrumentation and controls. Placement as a percentage of the journey level (N16) wage rate, which is currently $47.66 per hour, will be based as follows:
- 80% (Step 2) - Minimum requirements of two years related technical/academic training in instrumentation and controls.
- 85% (Step 3) - Minimum requirements plus 12 months of additional technical/academic training in instrumentation and controls.
- 90% (Step 4) - Minimum requirements plus 24 months of additional technical/academic training in instrumentation and controls.
Journey level requires five years of experience in instrumentation and control, of which a minimum of six months shall be in nuclear instrumentation and control. Related technical or academic training can be used to fulfill up to a maximum of four years of the five years required experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate due to race, color, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, national origin, veteran status or on the basis of disability.
EEO is the law, click here to learn more
This posting open through August 26, 2020.
Location: Richland, WA
Application Method: Online: https://access.energy-northwest.com/psp/HR92PRODX/EMPLOYEE/ENW_EXT_RECRUIT/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1&JobOpeningId=6444&PostingSeq=1&HRS_SOURCE_ID=1040
Base Pay: $47.66 HR