Employer: Columbia Crest Winery
Maintenance IV- Process Controls and Instrumentation
Job Category: Operations
Requisition Number: MAINT01890
Posted: November 23, 2020
Columbia Crest Winery - Paterson, WA
Ste. Michelle Wine Estates is a premium wine company that is proud to call Washington State our home. We are a collection of distinctive wine estates and maker of some of the finest wines in the world because we value our vineyards and the art of wine-making. This focus has resulted in our ability to offer our consumers extraordinary and distinctive wines from some of the best regions in the world.
We are currently seeking highly qualified candidates for a Maintenance Tech IV (Process Controls and Instrumentation) to support our Columbia Crest Winery located in scenic Paterson, Washington.
What will you do:
- Must understand and apply safe work practices related to electrical and mechanical work. Some examples would include: LOTO, elevated work, confined space, ARC flash, hot work, electrical regulations, and safety procedures set by the SMWE Environmental Health and Safety Department.
- Must have a high level of professionalism and craftsmanship
- Must be willing to work all shifts, hours and locations in Eastern Washington
- Trains lesser skilled technicians and guides maintenance team on process controls and calibration best practices
- Ability to read, and create electrical and controls schematics
- Familiarity with AC and DC electrical system to include low voltage DC control circuits
- Experience and ability to plan control schemes, controls wiring layouts and installation of electrical equipment and safety systems related to processing controls.
- Extensive working knowledge and experience with variable frequency drives (VFDs), electrical motors, servos, process controls (PLCs), alarm systems, fire systems, intercoms, and network wiring.
- Ability to program and troubleshoot Allen Bradley PLC 500, Control Logic, DeviceNet, EthernetIP and other programable logic controllers.
- Advanced knowledge of Control Logic, RSnetworks, and Factory Talk programming software.
- Experience with running control wiring that would include conduit, and wire ways.
- Ability to calculate electrical requirements in compliance with NEC codes
- Able to work with outside contractors to fulfill electrical and controls needs for process controls.
- Knowledge in process control instrument calibrations.
- Mechanical knowledge and ability to install motors, servos, gear boxes, pumps and other mechanical devices needed for processes and process control
- Able to perform calculations related to processing and controls needs. Examples include volume, flow rate, temperature change, unit of measure conversions, gear box output speeds, and rate of change.
- Working knowledge of a work order management system (CMMS) with abilities to write work requests, parts request, follow work order directions, complete work orders, and communicate effectively with a maintenance planner and supervisor electronically. Preferred familiarity with JD Edwards Enterprise One.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Ability to write maintenance work plans for instrumentation and controls work Experience and ability to plan, layout and perform the installation of wiring systems, electrical equipment and safety systems. To include creation of line drawings, electrical schematics and PID’s
- Able to work with outside contractors to fulfill electrical needs for the facility
- Able to guide maintenance planner on preventive maintenance needs for control systems.
- Have a proven track record of continuous improvement methodologies
- Initiate and participate in project related discussions intended to increase and enhance overall equipment and production efficiencies across the site.
- Attends company provided and vendor training in-house and off-site.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervision or required by the position. Other duties may require performing tasks of lesser skilled technicians.
What you will bring:
- High School Diploma required. Technical school coursework preferred.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age (Alcohol).
- Minimum five (5) years experience in a winery, food processing facility or similar environment involving the responsibilities as outlined above.
- Ability to work extended hours during harvest & peak periods to include rotating shift work and weekends.
- History of responsible use of alcohol and other appropriate conduct, as well as fitness to be licensed, permitted, and/or certified by state and/or local regulatory bodies
Behaviors Required -
- Functional Expert:
Considered a thought leader on a subject
- Thought Provoking:
Capable of making others think deeply on a subject
Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Motivations Required -
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Education Preferred -
- High School or better.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Location: Paterson, WA
Application Method: Online: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/UST1001UST/JobBoard/36df9642-e7a1-4020-9442-48bdcff00264/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=33dfd6d1-29a2-459a-9cd7-276d390974b2
Base Pay: DOQ