Employer: Blue Origin
Instrumentation and Controls (I&C) Technician III - Van Horn, TX
We are a diverse team of collaborators, doers, and problem-solvers who are relentlessly committed to a culture of safety. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable space flight. Join us in lowering the cost of access to space and enabling Blue Origin’s vision of millions of people living and working in space to benefit Earth.
As part of a diverse and hardworking team of integration engineers and aerospace technicians you will support the development, construction, operation, and maintenance of liquid rocket engine test facilities for various spaceflight systems. You will share in the team’s impact on all aspects of liquid rocket engine testing from test facility construction to operation and maintenance, reporting to the test stand integration engineering supervisor. You will demonstrate operational excellence in test stand procedure execution, reviewing, improving, and following test procedures and processes. Working with engineers on planning and executing assembly for complex instrumentation and control systems, you will fabricate, install, and checkout wiring harnesses and perform rocket engine test article integration and checkouts. We will rely on you to lead troubleshooting and maintenance of electronics, avionics systems, and electrical ground support equipment. You will safely work with and around hazardous chemicals and high pressure fluid systems. Finally, you will identify opportunities for continuous improvements to promote workplace safety, achieve cost-savings, and make test stand operations more streamlined and consistent.
We are looking for someone to apply their technical expertise, leadership skills, and commitment to quality to positively impact safe human spaceflight. Passion for our mission and vision is required!
- 7+ years of experience in an electrical field, 2+ years’ experience in rocket engine testing
- Ability to closely follow electrical diagrams and schematics
- Familiar with Data Acquisition Systems, instrumentation, and general electronics
- Ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional relationships, and contribute to a culture of inclusion
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- 9+ years’ experience in propulsion facility/system or launch vehicle operation, integration or maintenance
- Working knowledge of a variety of rocket propellants, including Liquid Oxygen, Liquid Hydrogen, and other cryogenics
- Experience operating heavy lifting equipment such as cranes and forklifts around flight critical hardware
- Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive compensation, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with Blue's principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.
Location: Van Horn, TX
Application Method: Online: https://blueorigin.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/BlueOrigin/job/Van-Horn-TX/Instrumentation-and-Controls--I-C--Technician-III_R5778?mode=job&iis=Job+Board&iisn=Indeed
Base Pay: DOQ