Employer: Ash Grove Cement Company
Maintenance Electrician - Seattle, WA
Seattle, WA, US, 98134
Ash Grove Cement Company
Job ID: 240700
Ash Grove Cement, a CRH company, provides portland and masonry cements to help build the foundation and infrastructure for the world around us. We ship millions of tons of cement from our plants and network of terminals located across the Midwest, Texas and Western United States. When you work for Ash Grove, you are connecting to something bigger. Join our team and help Ash Grove build America.
You will be a part of a dynamic team responsible for every electrical system in a heavy industrial environment at Ash Grove Cement’s Seattle plant. From medium voltage motor control to fiber optic fusion splicing this position has it all. We perform preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, repairs, design new systems, perform new installations, and provide support for a multitude of other plant needs. The majority of work is completed as a part of a team. However, there are plenty of opportunities to work solo on certain projects. Each member of the team is expected to become proficient in every skill set required for our normal job duties. On the job training is provided for all duties. You will need a willingness to learn and a positive attitude is required. There will be times of required overtime and on occasion a change of work schedule. We have a rotating callout schedule.
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs preventative maintenance on: EPA regulated extractive gas analyzers, extractive gas analyzer systems for other processes, large horse power air cooled motors, natural gas firing equipment for a rotary cement kiln, and pulverized coal processing and dosing systems.
- Troubleshoots and repairs: Plant wide PLC control system, MCC (Motor Control Center) equipment, AC VFDs and DC VSDs, plant wide fiber optic and copper Ethernet communication system, and plant IP network video system in addition to all electrical circuits and systems associated with cement manufacturing.
- Calibrates and provides documentation for: weigh scales, weigh feeders, temperature/pressure transducers, and opacity monitoring equipment for environmental compliance.
- Collaborates on design and installation: Motor control equipment, networking equipment, process efficiency improvements, power saving technologies, and condition monitoring systems.
- Always be ready and willing to react to the plants needs to ensure production goals are met
- Consistently provide excellent and courteous electrical support to all plant personnel.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employee will be required to follow all instructions of his/her supervisor and to perform other work assignments related to plant operations as requested.
ISO 14001 Training Plan - The I & E Specialist must become familiar with and participate in initial and annual training for ISO 14001.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- An associate’s degree in related technical field or equivalent experience working in similar environment or on similar equipment.
- Proficiency with computers, standard computer programs, and web research.
- Analytical, communication, and problem solving skills.
- Work requires walking, using stairs, climbing, bending, pushing, pulling, working in an awkward position, and lifting objects that occasionally weigh up to 100 pounds. A pre-employment physical is required.
- Ability to work at heights up to 250 feet.
- Experience performing related electrical and/or instrumentation repair and maintenance responsibilities.Knowledge of contactors and starters, motors and motor controls (hookup and sizing), AC/DC motors, transformers, motor bearings and shaft alignment, PLCs, pneumatics, hydraulics, power distribution, and cable preferred
About CRH Americas:
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Location: Seattle, WA
Application Method: Online: https://jobs.crh.com/CRH_Americas/job/Seattle-Maintenance-Electrician-Seattle%2C-WA-WA-98134/632994601/?feedId=202101&utm_source=Indeed&utm_campaign=OldCastle_Indeed&jobPipeline=Indeed
Base Pay: DOQ