Employer: Triumph Group
Location: Yakima, WA, US, 98903
Business Unit: Systems and Support
Triumph Group designs, engineers, manufactures, repairs and overhauls a broad portfolio of aviation and industrial components, accessories, subassemblies, systems and aircraft structures. We partner with original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and operators of commercial, regional, business and military aircraft worldwide, to provide products and services that solve their hardest problems. So whatever the part, component or complexity of assembly, Triumph is committed to quality, service and meeting the specialized needs of each customer.
Triumph participates at all levels of the aerospace supply chain – from single components, to complex systems, to aerospace structures and their contents. We provide solutions for the entire product life cycle of an aircraft – from raw material to aftermarket service. Our unique ability to integrate a broad range of products and capabilities is our competitive advantage.
- Sets up and operates a variety of machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, shapers, hobs, and precision grinders to make aerospace parts to sketch.
- Uses a variety of machinist’s hand tools and precision measuring instruments; makes standard shop computations relating to dimensions of work, tooling. Machines are both manual and numerically controlled.
- Will monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or VIP.
- Typically requires completion of a formal apprenticeship or equivalent training and experience.
- Prepares machine/machines for production by inspecting parts for malfunctions, troubleshooting malfunctions when possible, and calling for repairs if necessary.
- Regulates machining by utilizing machine instrumentation knowledge; setting and adjusting controls.
- Meets production deadlines by following manufacturing schedule and procedures and resolving production problems when they arise.
- Maintains a safe working environment by utilizing safety applications and keeping all work areas clean.
- Contributes to team effort by maintaining a positive attitude
- Machinists are expected to operate a variety of machine tools to exacting tolerances and dimensions.
- This includes using a variety of tools and measuring devices that monitor and verify quality of parts.
- Minimum of 2 yrs. Experience in Industrial machine maintenance or enrolled or have a technical training certificate from a reputable trade technical institution. Experience in Maintenance of CNC and/or Manual controlled metal working machine tools is preferred. Training in Electrical Systems or instrumentation and process controls is required, and basic understanding of hydraulic systems is preferred.
- Due to our company’s position as a key supplier to the US defense industry. All candidates must possess permanent authorization to work in the United States.
Location: Yakima, WA
Application Method: Online: https://careers.triumphgroup.com/job/Yakima-Machinist-3-WA-98903/686262700/?feedId=317800&utm_source=Indeed&utm_campaign=Triumph_Indeed
Base Pay: DOQ