Employer: US Department of the Army
US Department of the Army
Joint Base Lewis McChord, WA
$26.34 - $30.73 an hour - Full-time, Part-time
About the Position: The Directorate of Public Works at Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Washington, leads the industry in providing exceptional infrastructure, resource, and facility management services and are the preferred service provider to customers and a resource for innovation worldwide. Our workforce is a proactive, motivated and highly trained team; delivering services efficiently, ethically, and with pride in ownership in all we do.
- Troubleshoot water line breaks to determine corrective measures and make repairs.
- Maintain powered and/or non-powered equipment or hand tools to perform duties, such as repairs, cleaning, repacking, and adjusting on valves, hydrants, pumps and other components.
- Use a calculator to determine the quantity and size of pipe and fittings needed to repair water, storm and sewer piping.
- Work from building plans, as-builds and blueprints to locate water shutoffs and sanitary sewer manholes.
- Inspect and clean sanitary sewer lift stations, sewer laterals and sewer mains.
Job family (Series): 4206 Plumbing
Conditions of Employment:
- Appointment to this position is subject to a background investigation to determine suitability for Federal employment and/or the position.
- Appointment requires pre-employment and annual drug testing.
- Appointment requires pre-employment and annual physical examinations.
- Employee must possess a valid State Class B Commercial Driver?s License. NOTE: The Class B license or higher must be uploaded during the application process to be considered for this position.
- Employee is required to lifting up to 50 pounds during the normal course of duties.
- Employee must possess a valid State Driver's License.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
There is no specific length of training or experience required. However, you must be able to demonstrate, through experience shown in your written application materials that you possess the sufficient knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the work of this position without more than normal supervision.
Minimum Qualifications (Screen Out Element): Ability to do the work of a Plumbing Worker without more than normal supervision. Experience includes performing common duties on plumbing methods and techniques. I can reinstall or replace joints and fixtures such as traps, faucets, and unions. Working under normal supervision of a work leader or journey-level employee who observes tasks in progress and upon completion to make sure they are properly performed. - Failure to meet this Screen out Element will result in an ineligible rating.
- Ability To Do The Work Of The position Without More Than Normal Supervision
- Ability to Interpret Instructions, Specification, etc. (includes blueprint reading)
- Ability To Use and Maintain Tools and Equipment
- Knowledge of Equipment, Structure, Materials, etc. (includes constructing repair, and forging)
- Measurement and Layout
- Technical Practices (theoretical, precise, artistic)
- Trouble Shooting
- PHYSICAL EFFORT: Frequently works from ladders, scaffolding and platforms or in hard-to-reach places. Requires standing, stooping, kneeling, climbing, and working in tiring, uncomfortable positions. Frequently handles objects weighing up to 50 pounds and occasionally heavier. Commonly lifts, carries, and sets up parts and equipment.
- WORKING CONDITIONS: Work is performed inside and outside in all types of weather. The work is usually dirty, dusty, and greasy. Exposed to mud, water, and fumes. Frequently exposed to the possibility of scrapes, burns, and infections from unsanitary worksites. Exposed to possibility of electrical shock and falls from high places. Wears protective clothing and equipment to minimize exposure. Exposed to explosive nature of combustible gas.
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone - no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is required.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 29 - Installation Management position.
- You may claim military spouse preference.
- If a Military Spouse Preference (MSP) applicant is determined best qualified and selected, placement must be at the full performance level for priority consideration.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority for this position. To receive selection priority, you must: (1) meet ICTAP eligibility criteria (2) be rated well-qualified for the position and; (3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your ICTAP eligibility. To be considered well-qualified and receive selection priority applicants must satisfy all qualification requirements for the position and receive a score of 90 or above. Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
- Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
- Further certification from this announcement may take place up to 90 days beyond the closing date of this announcement.
- This position requires the employee to possess a Class B Commercial Driver's License throughout the duration of employment. The CDL must be uploaded during the application process to be considered for this position.
- Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
How You Will Be Evaluated:
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.
Basis for Rating:
Qualified candidates will be assigned to one of three quality categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified and Qualified. Veteran preference eligibles are listed ahead of non-preference eligibles within each quality category.
- Best Qualified. Candidates in this category possess exceptional skills and experience to exceed well above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Highly Qualified. Candidates in this category possess good skills and experience above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Qualified. Candidates in this category meet the minimum experience requirements for the announced position.
Background checks and security clearance -
Security clearance: Not Required
Drug test required: Yes
Position sensitivity and risk: Noncritical-Sensitive (NCS)/Moderate Risk
Trust determination process: National security
The documents you are required to submit vary based on whether or not you are eligible for preference in federal employment. A complete description of preference categories and the associated required documents is in the Applicant Checklist (External).
As described above, your complete application includes your resume, your responses to the online questionnaire, and documents which prove your eligibility to apply. If you fail to provide these documents, you will be marked as having an incomplete application package and you will not be considered any further.
1. Your resume:
- Your resume may be submitted in any format and must support the specialized experience described in this announcement.
- If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, it will not be used to make eligibility and qualification determinations and you may not be considered for this vacancy.
- For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as incomplete and you may not receive consideration for this position.
- For additional information see: What to include in your resume.
2. Other supporting documents:
- Cover Letter, optional
- Most recent Performance Appraisal, if applicable
- This position requires a job-related license or certification. You MUST submit a copy of your license or certification with your application package or you will be rated ineligible. See: Transcripts and Licenses
NOTE: Documents submitted as part of the application package, to include supplemental documents, may be shared beyond the Human Resources Office. Some supplemental documents such as military orders and marriage certificates may contain personal information for someone other than you. You may sanitize these documents to remove another person's personal information before you submit your application. You may be asked to provide an un-sanitized version of the documents if you are selected to confirm your eligibility.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits:
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
This job is open to the public
U.S. citizens, nationals or those who owe allegiance to the U.S.
Location: Joint Base Lewis McChord, WA
Application Method: Online: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/584449000
Base Pay: $26.34 - $30.73 HR