Employer: Columia Readymix and Asphalt
Truck Driver - Columbia Asphalt and Ready Mix 2020
Yakima, WA, US, 98903
Columbia Readymix and Asphalt
Job ID: []
Columbia Asphalt & Ready-Mix, is a CRH company and is a part of the West Division family, values a culture of growth, development, and internal promotion. We are a dynamic, growth-oriented, national aggregate, asphalt, concrete, and construction family of companies. For over 80 years, we have worked to be the preferred source of quality rock products, concrete, asphalt paving, and construction services. We have been recognized by numerous organizations for our commitment to safety, customer service, and innovation.
Drive company truck (dump truck, mixer truck, tanker, low boy and/or sand train/belly dump to job sites or company locations to deliver materials.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip inspection of vehicle to ensure safe operational order and report maintenance or repair issues.
- Be able to climb in and out of truck safely using 3-points of contact.
- Be able to manipulate truck steering wheel (power steering), shifter and other various levers and knobs necessary for operation of truck and associated equipment.
- Operate truck to deliver to construction sites as specified, in a safe and efficient manner, obeying applicable laws and following dispatch instructions.
- Monitor various gauges during operation of vehicle, investigate abnormalities and perform operator maintenance and minor field repairs.
- Attach Mixer truck chutes to truck and add materials (fiber, color or other additives) to drum.
- Attach hoses to truck with clamping system, open valves to discharge contents of tank, discharge the product into storage while observing the hose and connections to ensure there are no leaks or other hazards, return discharge hoses and fill caps to proper storage area.
- May access chains from trailer and drape them over drive wheels of truck.
- Ensure quality of product delivered.
- Maintain communication with Dispatcher as necessary regarding deliveries, check delivery tickets for special instructions and complete as required.
- Ensure proper materials are loaded in a safe manner and obtain proper signatures as required.
- Respond to customer questions related to basic product knowledge and basic construction techniques.
- Maintain operator logs, forms and records in accordance with company policy and Department of Transportation regulations.
- Complete written report of problems or necessary repairs and forward to maintenance personnel, detect and report improper operation, faulty equipment, defective materials and unusual conditions.
- Maintain work area and vehicle in a clean and orderly condition.
- May operate front end loader or other equipment.
- May perform other related duties as required or directed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Two years general driving experience preferred in a commercial or construction setting highly preferred.
Use of machines, tools, equipment; dump truck, mixer truck, tanker, low boy and/or sand train/belly dump truck, broom, rake, hand tamp, water hose, shovel, hand tools, front end loader,
- Current Class A CDL and current DOT medical card required.
- Must have good depth perception and coordination to operate machine controls.
- Must pass DOT physical exam and pre-employment controlled substance testing
- Safety minded professional who demonstrates good performance and attendance.
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently, without direct supervision.
- Demonstrates a willingness to work overtime and weekends/holidays.
- Demonstrates ability to work and communicate well with Supervisors, Truck Drivers, Heavy Equipment Operators and other employees.
- Demonstrates the ability to conform to and maintain OSHA, MSHA, DOT and all other company or state rules and regulations.
- Demonstrates the ability to follow written and/or verbal instructions.
- Demonstrates the willingness to learn and work a variety of job tasks.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills.
Location: Yakima, WA
Application Method: Online: https://jobs.crh.com/CRH_Americas/job/yakima-Truck-Driver-Columbia-Asphalt-and-Ready-Mix-2020-WA-98903/580034001/?feedId=202101&utm_source=Indeed&utm_campaign=OldCastle_Indeed&jobPipeline=Indeed
Base Pay: DOQ