HVAC Mechanic - Maintenance Mechanic 3
Salary: $63,852.00 - $73,981.00 Annually
Location: King County - Shoreline, WA
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Department: Dept. of Transportation
Job Number: 20DOT-NWR-10029
Closing: 11/30/2020 11:59 PM Pacific
Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT) is the steward of an integrated, multimodal transportation system that helps to ensure that people and goods move safely and efficiently throughout the state. In addition to building, maintaining, and operating the state highway system, WSDOT operates the largest ferry system in the nation, manages the world's longest floating bridge, and recently completed the world's widest tunneling project.
WSDOT is looking to hire a Heating Ventilation and Air Condition (HVAC) guru that will be responsible for performing skilled journey-level work installing, maintaining, troubleshooting, repairing, and performing preventative maintenance on a variety of building systems that include mechanical, heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning. Safety is paramount and this position is expected to consider personal, co-worker, and public safety as the first and foremost objective during the planning and performance of all activities in connection with work assignments.
What to Expect:
Among the varied range of responsibilities held within this role, the HVAC Mechanic will:
- Inspect, install, maintain and repair HVAC system components and related equipment. Conduct checks on equipment, change filters, clean equipment, program control systems, install and modify duct-work, balance system air flow.
- Inspect, repair, and perform preventative maintenance on mechanical systems in facilities throughout the region. - Troubleshoot systems and make repairs and modifications to restore or improve functioning of said systems.
- Document any maintenance performed and note any discrepancies. Estimate and install energy savings revisions to building systems, including obtaining necessary permits.
- Perform repairs and modifications to potable and non-potable water systems and hot water systems. Repair and replace plumbing, piping, fixtures and related mechanical devices.
- Perform minor electrical repairs related to HVAC tasks including modifications to low voltage circuits.
- Prepare interior and exterior surfaces for primers and finish coats. Power washing, scraping, applying latex and oil based finishes to walls, moldings, and casings.
- Other duties as required
- High School Diploma or GED
- Current Driver’s License
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience performing journey-level work in the HVAC trade.
- EPA Class 2 Refrigeration License or EPA Universal Refrigeration License
- EL-06 Limited Energy Electrical License
- Ability to operate and work from motor vehicle scissor lifts, bucket trucks, fork lifts, and man lifts at heights greater than 50 feet.
- Ability to work from a ladder in excess of 10 feet.
- Ability to lift up to or in excess of 50 lbs with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to occasionally work scheduled and unscheduled overtime and respond to emergencies.
- Ability to work in hazardous conditions such as loud noise, heat, cold, vibrations, high voltage electricity, elevations, and confined spaces.
- Ability to operate a computer utilizing a Computerized - Maintenance Management System (CMMS) in order to receive and complete service requests.
- Ability to use hand tools and other diagnostic tools.
- Completion of an accredited Apprenticeship or Trade School program
- Four (4) or more years performing journey-level work in the HVAC trade.
- Building Operators Certification level 1-2
- The listed salary includes the Legislative approved King County Premium and Assignment Pay.
- Travel throughout the region is an expectation of this position, and may be required on a regular, sporadic, or as needed basis.
- Work-Life Balance – We are committed to ensure that our staff experience the reward of public service, while also sustaining a routine that suits each individuals’ lifestyle. - As such, there are a number of flexible schedule options available to staff, including occasional telework for eligible positions.
- Paid Leave – In addition to 10 paid holidays, full-time employees earn a minimum 14 paid vacation days per year!
- Plan For Your Future – WSDOT offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes a variety of healthcare options, and free dental coverage! Employees also have their choice of state retirement programs, and much more. Go to State Benefits for more information.
- Tuition Assistance – Our employees have several options for assistance with education expenses, including tuition reimbursement programs, government discounts at participating colleges throughout the state, and eligibility for federal student loan forgiveness.
Check out this video to learn more: Why WSDOT?
How to Apply:
- Applications for this recruitment will be accepted electronically. Your relevant experience may be evaluated to determine salary. Therefore, it is very important that the “Work Experience” portion of the application be completed in as much detail as possible. In order to be considered for this opportunity, please include the following with your online application:
- An attached Resume outlining (in reverse chronological order) your experience to date.
- An attached Cover Letter that further details your qualifications, and indicates why you believe you are a viable candidate for this role.
- Contact information to be included in the “References” section of the online application for a minimum three (3) individuals who can attest to your work performance, technical skills, knowledge base, and job-related competencies.
- Please click the "APPLY" button to proceed. Note that you will be prompted to either sign in, or create an account. This step is required in order to submit an application to this opportunity.
WSDOT is an equal opportunity employer. We value the importance of creating an environment in which all employees can feel respected, included and empowered to bring unique ideas to the agency. Our diversity and inclusion efforts include embracing different cultures, backgrounds and viewpoints while fostering growth and advancement in the workplace. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, persons of disability, persons over 40 years of age, disabled and Vietnam era veterans, as well as people of all sexual orientations and gender identities are encouraged to apply.
WSDOT does not use the E-Verify system. For more information, please visit www.uscis.gov
For inquiries about this posting, you may contact the assigned Recruiter, Eric Saniatan, at SaniatE@wsdot.wa.gov. Please be sure to reference 20DOT-NWR-10029 in the subject line.
Persons with disabilities needing assistance in the application process, or those needing this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the listed Recruiter.
Location: Shoreline, WA
Application Method: Online: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/washington/wsdot/jobs/2847997/hvac-mechanic-maintenance-mechanic-3
Base Pay: $63,852 - $73,981 YR