Employer: McConkey Company
McConkey Company – Maintenance Tech Night Shift – Plastic Molding Plant
McConkey is a third generation family-owned company that manufactures sustainable recycled gardening and agricultural products in Sumner, WA. Our mission is to improve our future by turning end-of-life scrap plastic product into useful new products in the horticultural and agricultural industries. Founded in 1964, the family-owned company operates with injection, thermoform molding, and sheet extrusion.
McConkey has an opening for the role of maintenance technician for its plastics manufacturing plant in Sumner, Washington. Successful candidates will bring a strong technical understanding of general industrial machine maintenance with strong mechanical skills, and the ability to work collaboratively with our team to constructively solve problems and enhance the plant’s performance. If you love using your skills to maintain, improve and troubleshoot machinery, check us out! We offer competitive pay and a full range of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, life, LTD and 401K. Opportunity for advancement!
You’ll most enjoy this role if:
• You are hands-on and love using your skills to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
• You enjoy developing mastery of technical systems
• You have a passion for preventive maintenance and looking at more efficient
ways to maintain our equipment
• Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
• Troubleshoot and fix any maintenance issues that come up on our production equipment.
• Utilize equipment manuals, equipment maintenance history logs, analytical skills and test equipment to identify which of the following is the root-cause for an equipment problem: Mechanical, Electrical, Hydraulic, Pneumatic
• Disassemble and repair hydraulic and pneumatic valves and cylinders.
• Troubleshoot using hydraulic and electrical schematics.
• Perform all tasks with minimal supervision, in a prompt, safe, efficient, work like manner.
• Must be able to multitask effectively.
• Must be motivated and a self-starter.
• Thoroughly document maintenance activity using the maintenance database.
Qualifications and Skills:
• Three to five years recent experience in electrical and maintenance operations.
• Must have a mechanical background.
• Experience with Hydraulics including Valving, accumulators and cylinders a plus.
• Experience with production or manufacturing lines a plus.
• Previous injection molding, extrusion or thermoforming machine maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment and experience a plus.
• Strong decision making skills.
• Familiar with sensors such as limit and proximity switches, potentiometers, and light detectors a plus.
• Working knowledge of tower and chiller water systems a plus.
• Ability to work effectively both independently and within a team environment.
• Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment under constant pressure of production line environment.
• Proficient in the use of computers and basic office software. Ability to accurately update work orders.
• Must be self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
• Forklift experience is a plus.
• Ability to perform a job that requires lifting up to 50 lbs frequently, and the ability to Sit 15%; Stand 20%; Walk 15%; squat 5%; bend 10%; 90 degree twist 5%; crawl 5%; kneel 5%; drive 5%; climb 5%; reach above shoulders 5%.
Why join the team at McConkey?
Get great benefits while keeping our planet’s environment clean through our mission to eliminate plastic waste. Earn two weeks’ paid vacation accruing in your first year (up to four weeks over time), matching 401K, dental, vision, LTD, and life insurance. McConkey prefers to promote from within, giving you a great opportunity to boost your career.
McConkey recycles plastic into brand new products for farmers and nursery plant growers. With injection molding, thermoforming, and sheet extrusion operations, we are a proud USA manufacturer keeping plastic out of America’s landfills since 1964. Grow your technical and leadership skill set as a part of our friendly team!
Contact Person: Mireya Ruiz
Location: Sumner, WA
Application Method: Email
Base Pay: $24.00 to $27.00