Employer: Calpine Corporation
Job Summary: (including but not limited to the following; other duties may be assigned):
Responsible for start, stop and monitoring of equipment including reading gauges and meters and recording activities in operating logs and records. Uses computers and monitoring equipment to measure, record and make adjustments within operating parameters. Performs a variety of plant maintenance tasks including diagnosis, maintenance and repair of mechanical and electrical equipment in a safe, efficient and economical manner. Performs overhaul maintenance and system improvement tasks. Performs chemical analysis and chemical control on steam, cooling and condensate systems, and maintains chemistry logs. Incumbents assist in the development of standard operational procedures and provide input to plant betterment items to improve plant efficiency, reliability and safety. Ensures compliance with all local, State and Federal regulations and plant procedures. Regularly required to maintain plan security, operate heavy equipment such as manlifts and forklifts, and handle and transfer bulk chemicals.
• Journey-level; specialized technical knowledge with function.
• Performs a variety of technical service/support duties that are semi-routine in nature.
• Routine and non-routine decisions with some latitude, but still subject to approval.
• With limited guidance, prioritizes and executes responsibilities effectively for a single trade, group of related tasks or functional area.
• Work periodically reviewed by others; work reflects solid performance of duties.
• Errors have small and possibly incremental impact on department or facility, and discovered in succeeding operations where work is verified or checked.
• Completes tasks and resolves problems that require an ability to recognize deviation from accepted practices.
• Resolves most questions and problems, and refers only the most complex issues to higher levels.
• Works under general supervision.
• Prioritizes daily activities to complete tasks/projects assigned by others.
• May assist with orienting and training employees in moderately complex to complex areas.
• High School Diploma, degree from technical/vocational school, military service or equivalent.
• Journey-level; generally 6 years directly related experience including understanding of health and safety regulations, and previous experience working with and around hazardous energy, chemicals and waste materials including knowledge of safe handling, storage, and transport.
• Requires previous experience using test equipment and calibration appliances. Experience with machinery repair and control systems.
• Strong mechanical aptitude and basic understanding of chemistry, physics, electricity and mathematics.
• Basic certifications/licensures. Valid state driver’s license.
Please apply through the following link: https://rn11.ultipro.com/CAL1005/jobboard/NewCandidateExt.aspx?__JobID=3119&__jbsrc=
Contact Person: Erin Lee
Location: King City, CA
Application Method: Email Resume
Base Pay: DOQ