Employer: Vantage Data Centers
About Vantage Data Centers:
Vantage Data Centers powers, cools, protects and connects the technology of the world’s well-known hyperscalers, cloud providers and large enterprises. Developing and operating across six markets in North America and five markets in Europe, Vantage has evolved data center design in innovative ways to deliver dramatic gains in reliability, efficiency and sustainability in flexible environments that can scale as quickly as the market demands.
Site Operations Department:
The Site Operations Department is responsible for the overall health of all mechanical and electrical systems, building maintenance, and performance of all data modules in our data centers. The team is staffed 24 x 7 onsite with Critical Facility Engineers (CFEs) on each shift. This team is the face of Vantage to our customers and the first line of defense regarding the uptime of our campus as well as the performance of our customer installations. Using a Critical Maintenance Management System (CMMS) to plan and track work needed, the Site Operations department performs all preventative and corrective maintenance. Our culture expects and rewards team performance that engages directly with the customers and the facility infrastructure. This is a team that does most of the actual work versus calling upon vendors. As a result, we provide superior service that is faster and more cost effective.
We are looking for a Critical Facilities Engineer who knows what best-in-class service looks like and can make that a reality. This role is an important member of our facilities team where we manage some of the most efficient and cost-effective data center facilities in the industry.
The successful candidate for this role will work with a team of other electrical and mechanical-focused engineers performing maintenance and repair for our data center infrastructure. We take our customer requirements for uptime seriously and keep our facilities maintained to a very high standard to insure uninterrupted service for our customers.
If you enjoy working on critical data center systems (UPSs, PDUs, Diesel Generators, ATS equipment and Building Controls), as well as industrial electrical equipment and systems that include power distribution components/wiring, electronic components and lighting systems. If you know the importance of getting it right the first time and not disrupting mission critical data centers. If you enjoy delighting customers with superior service and you have the desire and ability to do so, then please read on!
Essential Job Functions:
- Work under limited supervision, both independently and within a team environment
- Manage multiple one-time and/or ongoing projects
- Respond to safety and emergency situations and maintain a safe and secure work environment
- Use discretion and judgment in organizing workflow and adapting as priorities are modified due to a changing environment
- Frequent contact with employees at all levels of the organization; frequent external contact with vendors
- Operate, perform maintenance and service repairs on critical - Data Center systems (UPS, PDU, Diesel Generators, ATS equipment and Building Controls, Chillers, CRAH, ETC)
- Develop reliability reports to ensure availability and capacity targets are achieved and maintained with 100% uptime
- Coordinate, and oversee all maintenance vendors to ensure personnel safety, protect the Facility’s critical equipment, and maintain power to the critical load
- Create required MOPs (Method of Procedure), SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) and EOPs (Emergency Operating Procedures) to ensure all maintenance activities are performed in accordance to them
- Minimum 3 years, 5+ years preferred, of “hands on” experience with the maintenance and repair of industrial electrical and mechanical systems in mission-critical facilities to include; emergency generators (Generators, - - Fuel Delivery systems and Parallel Switchgear), electrical distribution (MV/LV switchgear and associated controls), critical and essential PDUs, UPS, switchgear, HVAC, air handling units, computer grade cooling systems, and building monitoring/control systems.
- Demonstrate knowledge in operating, maintaining, repairing, inspecting and testing critical electrical distribution systems, HVAC systems and building management/automation equipment
- Ability to read commercial building blueprints and understand electrical single lines and schematics
- Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures related to mechanical & electrical systems needed to run data centers
- Technical Writing skills and experience; as well as creating, coordinating, updating and/or modifying MOPs/SOPs/EOP’s for critical facilities equipment, to include supporting new systems and researching technical requirements
- Work experience in the electrical or mechanical field is highly desired. Strong emphasis on technical skills/training, with intent to obtain license within a reasonable time
- May be required to complete formal training in an area of specialty, such as UPS maintenance
- Candidates must possess reliable transportation for reporting to work for shifts, or emergencies
- Travel is expected to be less than 5%, occasionally for training purposes
- Potential employees must complete a background check successfully
Vantage Data Centers is an equal opportunity employer
Contact Person: Sarah Polli
Location: Quincy, WA
Application Method: Email
Base Pay: Based on experience