Employer: R&R Heating & Air Conditioning
Role and Responsibilities:
• Carry out preventative maintenance tasks and inspections on HVAC equipment.
• Assist with on-site preventative maintenance, routine repair and calibration after installation.
• Acquire preventative maintenance agreements.
• Service, maintain residential and light commercial HVAC systems.
• Work in a team-based environment to share information and workload while ensuring “more than satisfied customers.”
• Converse with building and homeowners, general contractors, referring questions and/or problems to supervisor.
• Be able to calculate Equipment Efficiency, Air Flow, Temperature Difference and Refrigeration Calculations.
• Maintain a neat work area and inspect that area for cleanliness after completion of each job.
• Conveys a safety-conscious attitude, both on the job and while driving. Must work in a safe manner on a daily basis and ensure that all safety measures are taken at all times.
• Maintain company vehicle, ensuring that it is clean on both the inside and the outside at all times.
• Maintain professional appearance and attitude at all time.
• Periodically ‘on call’ for service coverage. Ability to work staggered schedule if required.
• Arrive at jobsite at scheduled time and location as dispatched.
• Relocate from one jobsite to another jobsite as dispatched during the workday.
• Report to dispatcher when arriving and leaving jobsite.
• Follow instructions from supervisor and carry out in timely manner.
• Perform filter changes and do filter checklist paperwork unassisted.
• Report problems with company tools or vehicle promptly.
• Report problems with equipment to Dispatcher to expedite parts delivery.
• Purchase required tools as listed.
• Complete all service related forms properly.
• Willingness to invest in tools used in the Service of HVAC equipment and to invest time in training seminars and classes.
• Other duties assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
• High school or equivalent.
• 0-1 years experience, HVAC Trade school certificate requireded.
• Valid Driver’s License and insurable driving record.
• 06A Electrical Trainee Card.
• City of Spokane Gas Mechanic License
• Basic knowledge of electrical and refrigeration principles.
• Basic knowledge of service tools and testing devices.
• Effective customer service skills to communicate clearly, the ideas and explanations of problems, to customers and coworkers.
• Demonstrate an ability to effectively and successfully compete projects in an orderly and efficient manner, with attention to detail.
• Self-motivated to complete assigned tasks within time constraints.
• Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
• Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
• Technical and Mechanical aptitude to perform maintenance, service, and troubleshoot equipment.
• Good Electrical and Mechanical Diagnostic skills.
• Be familiar with a wide range of equipment and troubleshooting techniques.
• Knowledge of basic sheet metal practices.
• Knowledge of air balancing principles and techniques. Perform air balance with velometer or hood and recognize when and what problems exist from the test.
Worksites may be very hot or cold because the heating and cooling systems being repaired may not be working properly and because some parts of these systems are located outdoors. Working in cramped spaces and during irregular hours is common.
• Work from 28’ extension ladder and 12’ step ladder.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
• Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
• Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Contact Person: Ryan Mallmann
Location: Spokane, WA
Application Method: Email
Base Pay: $17/hr