Employer: Nike, Inc.
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
Job title: Controls and Automation Technician Night 2 - Air MI
Career area: Manufacturing & Engineering
Location: Beaverton, Oregon
Job ID: 00494471
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Nike does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. We’re a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries, and push out the edges of what can be. We’re looking for people who can grow, think, dream and create. We thrive in a culture that embraces diversity and rewards imagination. We seek achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about bringing what you have to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
As our Controls and Automation Technician, you'll be working with a highly motivated team skilled in the trade of industrial maintenance. You will be responsible for maintenance and repairs of a wide variety of plastics manufacturing equipment, support equipment and general facilities. You will apply root cause analysis and troubleshooting skills in response to breakdown calls and continuous improvement projects. You will use your communication skills and tools to share information with team members, our customers, and your management team on equipment status. You will work with the shift Maintenance Supervisor and assist our Planner and Scheduler in the execution of preventive maintenance programs, predictive maintenance protocols.
This position is for our Night 2 Shift which has working hours of Friday – Sunday with every other Monday from 5:30pm – 5:30am.
• Troubleshooting skills within the areas of mechanical, electronics, hydraulics, and pneumatics.
• Strong controls and automation knowledge including PLC, ladder logic, instrumentation and calibrations.
• Experience working with basic hand tools, machine shop equipment, precision measuring instruments, Volt/Ohm meters, amp meters, cutting and welding equipment
• A solid understanding of Microsoft office and computerized maintenance management systems. SAP a plus.
• Experience with extrusion, thermoform, and injection mold processing equipment and its support equipment such as material dryers, loaders and transfer systems is preferred
• Ability to train/mentor junior team members with focused subject matter expertise in either electrical or mechanical repair
• Initiate and disable equipment as the need arises by OSHA regulations and company safety procedures for machine activation and shut down
• High School diploma or GED
• Formal training in Electronics, Control circuitry and PLC’s or vocational, skilled trade or military training
• 5 years of industrial maintenance experience, preferably in plastics manufacturing
• Ability to read and understand electrical and fluid power schematics and detailed drawings
• Skilled in trades of fabrication of industrial and manufacturing equipment
• Able to operate fork truck, manual lift, and scissors lift
• May be required to perform a wide variety of physical tasks which are generally basic, repetitive, and routine. May be required to sit or stand for long periods, in addition to being required to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, push, or pull
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Location: Beaverton, OR
Application Method: Online: https://jobs.nike.com/job/00494471?apstr=src%3DJB-11022
Base Pay: DOQ