Scappoose, OR 97056
$32 an hour
Founded in 1964, Cascades produces, converts and markets packaging and tissue products that are composed mainly of recycled fibers. The Company employs 11,000 employees, who work in more than 90 production units located in North America and Europe. With its management philosophy, half a century of experience in recycling, and continuous efforts in research and development as driving forces, Cascades continues to deliver the innovative products that customers have come to rely on.
CASCADES TISSUE GROUP:
The Tissue Group, a division of Cascades, is the second-largest tissue producer in Canada and the fifth-largest in North America. The Division manufactures, converts and markets a huge selection of paper products, such as hand towels, bathroom tissue, facial tissue, napkins, paper towels, wipers and dispensers for the North American away-from-home and consumer products markets. The Group has more than 2,200 employees and operates seven manufacturing plants, nine conversion plants and four plants with both manufacturing and conversion facilities.
Salary - $32 per hour.
- Provide mechanical/electrical maintenance services for paper converting equipment and facility infrastructure sustainment. Emphasis will be to troubleshoot, repair, install mechanical assemblies, instrumentation and controls.
- Read and utilize repair documents, manuals, assembly drawings and electrical schematics to determine repair procedures and tolerances.
- Execute inspections, preventative, proactive and repair maintenance activities for production related equipment to include bearings, belts, chains, coupling alignment, gear boxes, drive trains, pumps, fans, blowers, electric motors, pneumatic systems and hydraulic systems. Knowledge of AC/DC drives and PLCs is a plus.
- Utilize hand tools, precision tools, manual/power tools, hoists, lift trucks, etc. to perform repairs.
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures for repair activities and maintenance logs.
- Input and update information in computerized maintenance management software.
- Be proactive in creating and sustaining a clean and safe working environment while promoting support of company and departmental safety programs and goals.
- Communicate effectively with coworkers, team, vendors and contractors.
- Other duties as assigned
- Have a minimum of 5 years industrial maintenance experience in an industrial/manufacturing environment.
- Ability to use hand tools
- Ability to use milling machine, lathe, welder and other shop equipment
- Ability to read blueprints and electrical schematic drawings
- Ability to set up, tear down, and rebuild machinery and equipment
- Ability to operate mobile and bridge cranes
- Ability to operate forklift, scissor lift and aerial lift
- Ability to use all sizes of air impact and electric wrenches, all pipe fitting tools and equipment, i.e. sockets and ratchets, hoists, both electric and manual; jackhammer; cutting torches; welding equip.
- Demonstrates knowledge and ability to use computer programs
- Excellent written, oral communication and organizational skills
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to organize/prioritize workload
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Familiarity with OSHA safety practices
- Familiarity with OSHA safety practices.
- Experience with converting equipment
- 3-5 years of strong preventive maintenance background in a manufacturing environment24/7 Facility: Must be able to work a variable of different shifts (4 on/4 off – 12 hour rotating shifts – 5:00-5:00) including weekends, night and holidays
- Familiarity with maintenance reporting in SAP (preferred), JD Edwards, Ivara or similar CMMS software
- 24/7 Facility: Must be able to work a variable of different shifts (4 on/4 off – 12 hour rotating shifts – 5:00-5:00) including weekends, night and holidays
Cascades believes in the success of an inclusive organization that values diversity within its team. All qualified candidates will be considered for this position in a fair manner.
Use of the masculine in our communications refers equally to both men and women.
Nearest Major Market: Portland Oregon
Job Segment: Maintenance Mechanic, Mechanic, Maintenance, Hydraulics, Manufacturing, Operations, Engineering
Location: Scappoose, OR
Application Method: Online: https://jobs.cascades.com/job/Scappoose-Maintenance-Mechanic-OR-97056/677620400/?feedId=220300&utm_source=Indeed&utm_campaign=Cascades_Indeed&jobPipeline=Indeed
Base Pay: $32 HR