Employer: Idaho National Laboratory
INSTRUMENTATION & CONTROLS TECHNICIAN - Idaho Falls, ID
Idaho National Laboratory
ORGANIZATION: Materials and Fuels Complex (MFC)
WORK LOCATION: Idaho Falls, ID (Site: 4x10s)
The Materials and Fuels Complex (MFC) at the Idaho National Laboratory (INL) is seeking candidates as an Instrumentation and Controls (I&C) technician reporting to the MFC Instrumentation & Control Foreman within the MFC Maintenance Department.
INL is recognized as the lead national laboratory for DOE-NE, providing much of the nuclear research, development, and demonstration capability needed to move nuclear innovation forward to deployment. MFC hosts a unique combination of personnel, facilities and infrastructure and offers the ability to perform research and development of nuclear fuels from fuel design, development and fabrication through post irradiation analysis.
Senior I&C technicians are highly skilled and fully proficient with extensive knowledge in the repair, maintenance, calibrations, adjustments and installations of industrial measuring and control systems. They provide senior level expertise to the installation, modification, and fabrication of research equipment.
Key functions of this role are:
- Calibrating and repairing instrumentation and associated equipment
- Measuring levels, pressures, temperatures, flow, and analytical processes
- Installing control and measurement instruments on existing or new research equipment and facility infrastructure systems.
- Utilizing manuals, reading and interpreting circuit diagrams, blueprints, and schematics
- Utilize test equipment to troubleshoot and analyze instrumentation related circuits
- Working with electronic control systems including microprocessors, sensors, and final control elements used in automated processes
- Maintain and troubleshoot Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) / Programmable Automatic Controllers (PAC) programs and associated Human Machine Interfaces (HMI) for industrial processes.
- Mentors more junior technicians in the technical aspects of work activities
- Associates Degree required. Degrees in Instrumentation Engineering Technology, Electronics, or Electrical Engineering Technology or related field are preferred. Six years directly related I&C experience is required.
- Must be a US Citizen and have the ability and willingness to obtain and maintain at least a DOE "L" clearance.
- The candidate may be required to work special shifts or weekends in support of program/project needs
- Knowledge of reading and interpreting drawings, schematics
- Knowledge of using, voltmeter, ohm meter, oscilloscope
- Knowledge necessary to select/use appropriate instruments and test equipment
- Skill in installing instrument and control systems
- Skill in soldering and cable production
- Skill in reading and interpreting instrument and control testing and measurement equipment
- Skill in troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining instrument and control systems and components
INL is a science-based, applied engineering national laboratory dedicated to supporting the U.S. Department of Energy’s mission in nuclear energy research, science, and national defense. With more than 5,000 scientists, researchers, and support staff, the laboratory works with national and international governments, universities and industry partners to discover new science and development technologies that underpin the nation’s nuclear and renewable energy, national security, and environmental missions.
Our mission is to discover, demonstrate and secure innovative nuclear energy solutions, other clean energy options and critical infrastructure.
Our vision is to change the world’s energy future and secure our nation’s critical infrastructure.
Selective Service Requirements:
To be eligible for employment at INL males born after December 31, 1959 must have registered with the Selective Service System (SSS). For more information see www.sss.gov.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Idaho National Laboratory (INL) is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of INL to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Women and People of Color are strongly encouraged to apply.
When applying to positions please provide a resume and answer all questions on the following screens. Applicants, who fail to provide a resume or answer the questions, may be deemed ineligible for consideration.
Benefits, Salary, and Relocation:
We have an extremely competitive salary structure, robust relocation package, and phenomenal benefits. For more information, please visit: https://www.inl.gov/careers/benefits-overview/. .
PRIMARY LOCATION: US-ID-Idaho Falls
ORGANIZATION: Materials & Fuels Complex-MFC (Uxxx)
EMPLOYEE STATUS: Regular
JOB POSTING: Oct 26, 2020, 12:08:10 PM
UNPOSTING DATE: Nov 10, 2020, 12:59:00 AM
Location: Idaho Falls, ID
Application Method: Online: https://inl.taleo.net/careersection/inl_external/jobdetail.ftl?job=15214
Base Pay: DOQ