Employer: SI Group, Inc.
Electrical & Instrumentation Technician - (20000182)
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing all-around maintenance and repair services to increase the availability and reliability of the facility and its assets. The role requires collaboration and coordination with maintenance planners/schedulers, parts storeroom attendants and other site functions such as Production, Technical Services, and Contractors (not limited to those).
- Instrument & Electrical Technicians are responsible for the proper operation and maintenance of all equipment in their areas of responsibility.
- Make recommendations to the Maintenance Team on any corrective measures that will result in greater efficiency, quality and economy of operations.
- During capital projects, will be called on for consultation, inspection or to assist in the selection and
installation of new equipment.
- Provide responsive maintenance services to the site by completing scheduled work orders
- Work within the guidelines and requirements established by the Manager of Plant Services to meet all requirements for Process Safety Management
- Keep accurate records of all repairs in areas of responsibility through use of the Computerized Maintenance
- Management System database (CMMS)
- Perform any other maintenance work as deemed necessary, but always retain responsibility for the proper operation and maintenance of the assigned equipment.
- Implement and follow all programs, policies and SI Group procedures
- Become the SME for the hot oil heater, steam boiler & flare control systems
- Ensures daily work meets EHS compliance and supports continuous improvement in EHS performance
- Performs technical diagnosis and repair of site assets in the most cost-efficient manner
- Conducts preventive maintenance to increase asset uptime and reliability
- Ensures tools, parts, and all equipment are safe and in effective working order
- Identifies and secures parts, tools, and inventory to complete work orders
- Responsible for communicating and securing work permits and associated safety equipment to perform work
- Provide guidance and direction for contractors when needed
- Accountable for parts checked out inventory, salvage of good parts and proper disposal of bad parts
- Consults with engineers and vendors as necessary to complete work order requirements and work order closeout
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 2yrs previous experience in Maintenance Technician role or some equivalent experience
- 2 more years of experience in inspecting, testing, adjusting and repair of electric, electronic, mechanical and
- pneumatic instruments.
- Delta V DCS experience preferred
- Experience in troubleshooting heater, boiler and flare control systems
- Experience with typical industrial low voltage systems, wiring schematics and loop drawings, 480 volt motors and switch gear.
- Must be able to work overtime and perform call outs.
- NCCER certification and computer experience is recommended.
- MS Office
- CMMS; SAP preferred
SPECIFIC FUNCTIONAL COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS
- Knowledge of relevant technical equipment, reliability drivers and troubleshooting techniques
- Knowledge of EHS and process safety standards, regulations and SIG accepted best practices
- Exercises sound decision making, and judgement aligned with department objectives
- Knowledgeable of industry accepted maintenance standards, procedures, and accepted best practices
- Ability to apply practical problem-solving techniques to improve work assignment efficiency and effectiveness
- Ability to use computer and accurately input data at an efficient pace to meet and complete work order responsibilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to modify individual approach situationally
- Demonstrated understanding of short interval controls (SIC’s) and key performance indicators (KPI’s)
- Working knowledge of maintenance strategies, processes, and all types of maintenance activities
- Ability to work on nights and weekends, as necessary
Primary Location: US-TX-Freeport
702 FM 523
Job: Manufacturing & EHSQ
Organization: NA Region (US)
Employee Status: Individual Contributor
Job Type: Full-time
Job Level: Day Job
Location: Freeport, TX
Application Method: Online: https://www.indeed.com/q-Instrumentation-jobs.html?vjk=9304ad1e840bf735
Base Pay: DOT