Electrical Maintenance Technician - Warden, WA
Viterra is seeking an Electrical Maintenance Technician at our Warden facility. The successful candidate will be responsible for performing moderate to semi-skilled work related to the efficient, safe and timely installation, maintenance and repair of electrical equipment and components.
- Assists in the installation and performance of regular preventive maintenance on all electrical equipment and components, programmable logic control systems, instrumentation and related equipment according to established schedules and procedures.
- Troubleshoots, repairs and installs programmable logic control systems and electrical equipment and components in accordance with established procedures.
- Installs, maintains, repairs, monitors and commissions electrical equipment, including but not limited to lighting systems, motors, generators, pneumatic control systems in accordance with the Electrical Code, U.S. NFPA 70 and NEC.
- Assists with repairs during plant shut downs as well as providing communication within the departments and with contractors. Ensures jobs are completed on time and as specified during shutdown.
- Assist with installations and maintenance of electrical power distribution equipment such as transformers, generators, voltage regulators, switches, circuit breakers, capacitors, inductors, control systems, and any other related low and high voltage equipment.
- Installs and troubleshoots low voltage networks such as data, alarm or phone.
- Assists other Electrical and Maintenance team members when required.
- Operates in accordance with heath, safety, and fire prevention regulations and practices.
- Participates in improving safety and ensuring compliance of safety programs and procedures.
- Participates in safety meetings, inspections, training and investigations, as required.
- Keeps facilities and grounds clean and tidy, well maintained, and free of fire hazards while working within the EH&S guidelines.
- Manage tools, heavy machinery and equipment and ensure proper storage and maintenance of equipment.
Education and Qualifications:
- High School diploma or GED. Associates Degree in Electrical is an asset. Minimum three (3) years maintenance experience in a processing environment. Allen Bradley PLC-5 experience is required. Prefer AB/Siemens systems, VFD and instrumentation experience.
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience that result in the required level of knowledge skill and competence will be considered.
- Good understanding of the components of 480V systems up to 350HP including 4160V and 13.2kv systems up to 550HP & 700 HPare an asset .
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills.
- Computer experience and working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word software programs.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, install and maintain wiring, control, and lighting systems.
- Ability to create programs and troubleshoot programming issues an asset.
Essential Job Requirements:
- May be required to work shift work.
- Will be required to respond to after-hours emergency calls on a rotational basis.
This is not intended to be a complete list of all the duties and responsibilities required of this role.
Employment Type: Regular
Posting Close Date: 11/23/2020
Location: Warden, WA
Application Method: Online: https://viterra.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External-USA/job/Warden-WA/Electrical-Maintenance-Technician_R-5926-3
Base Pay: DOQ