Employer: Perry Technical Institute
Financial Aid Loan Specialist
Job Location: Main Campus - Yakima, WA
Salary Range: $18.00 - $19.00
This is a 12-month position with full-time administrative appointment in the Financial Aid Department. This position will report to the Director of Financial Aid.
Under the direction of the Director of Financial Aid, the Financial Aid Loan Specialist is responsible for providing guidance, information and support to student and parent borrowers consistent with federal requirements and the school default management plan.
- Duties are performed in an office setting. Working effectively and collaboratively in a team environment is a must.
- This is a non-exempt, full-time regular position. Hours may vary depending on the needs of the department. Overtime may be required.
- We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including health, dental, vision, prescription, 401(k) with profit share and matching, life and disability insurance, flexible spending plan, employee assistance plan, paid sick leave, vacation, 11 paid holidays, 4 day work weeks and more.
- Associate Degree or Certificate of Completion from an Accredited Career School.
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs.
- Will on occasion be required to drive on behalf of Perry Technical Institute. Employee must possess a working vehicle, hold a valid driver’s license, have an acceptable driving record, and produce proof of insurance.
- Must be willing to consent to a drug test.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Bilingual (Fluent in English & Spanish language).
- Working knowledge of Federal Financial Aid Programs.
- Experience in a presentation setting.
- Experience working in an academic setting.
- Experience working with the PowerFAIDS Financial Aid Management System.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Communicate effectively and interface with students and staff in a professional, approachable manner.
- Apply working knowledge of Title IV aid programs, federal and state regulations and policies, to the Financial Aid Process.
- Provide, interpret and explain federal and state forms to potential student aid recipients including but not limited to Financial Aid packets, State Grant applications and additional Financial Aid forms.
- Assist students with the electronic FAFSA/WASFA applications, loan requirements, along with counseling students on their financing options.
- Import Federal & State Financial Student Aid Reports; review all quality control rules related to importing of records.
- Process match records and external updates from Jenzabar to PowerFAIDS system.
- To-Do List student outreach for assigned letter range (calls, emails, texts, post cards)
- Oversee Financial Aid Night events to include planning, outreach, setup and tracking outcomes.
- Oversee student loan activities to include but not limited to, application processing, awarding, processing promissory notes, communication with current and delinquent borrowers including any necessary correspondence, disbursement, reporting and reconciliation of loan funds.
- Oversee default prevention activities by communicating with delinquent borrowers using Portfolio Navigator.
- Manage the Save Smart Spend Smart program by conducting counseling sessions on various topics including federal loan benefits, costs of borrowing breakdown and budgeting information. (Perry Tech 101 and Loan Exit Sessions.)
- Work with Marketing on outreach ideas (emails/letters/post cards/social media posts).
- Issue and/or revise offers as needed for Federal Direct Stafford, Plus Loans and In-house loans.
- Certify and disburse private loans.
- Serve as primary contact for lenders.
- Creative thinking projects for borrower outreach (emails, letters, postcards).
- Maintain the Financial Aid Loan Specialist procedures in OneNote along with loan sections in PTI’s Financial Aid Policies & Procedures Manual.
- Other duties as assigned.
Location: Yakima, WA
Application Method: Online: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=24528&clientkey=82B497C78D856557AF696B0975762145
Base Pay: $18 - $19 HR