Employer: Diocese of Yakima
The Bookkeeper position’s duties include bookkeeping responsibilities (payroll, accounts payable, accounts
receivable, tax preparation and administration), and follows and complies with Diocesan finance policy and
procedure accountability. There may be other assignments or accounting analysis aside from the above, that
the Diocese or Pastor may require, occasionally.
Applicant must be proficient in QuickBooks.
Responsible for maintaining accurate and auditable financial records, including weekly deposits and
Generate payroll for salaried and hourly employees each month, including maintenance of
deductions and other liabilities (taxes, etc.). Year-end payroll reports.
Responsible for federal and state payroll taxes monthly, quarterly and annually
Responsible for making monthly payments to providers
Responsible for keeping A/P (Account Payable) and A/C (Account Receivable) electronic and physical
Monthly reconciliation of bank statement, credit card and year end reporting
Generate special reports as requested by the Pastor and Parish Finance committee
Assist the Pastor and the Parish Finance board with budget requests, quarterly spreadsheets and
quarterly budget reports to ministry leaders
Work with the Office Manager regarding employee files and updates and general information for the
staff relating to benefit/pension changes as required
Assist office manager with other financial duties
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by a person in
this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties that may be performed in such a
B. Work Schedule:
The normal work schedule is up to 20 hours per week to occur during office hours, though at the time being it
is from 10 to 15 hours weekly. We could negotiate the actual days of work. Any alterations to the agreed
schedule must be communicated to and agreed with the Pastor. Time off may be approved if allowed by
applicable policies covering illness, injury, or other personal emergency. Any additional work hours will need
to be pre-approved by the Office Manager after consultation with the Pastor.
C. Job Requirements:
The following requirements are those that are normally required for performance of this position. Any
disabled applicant or incumbent who does not meet one or more of the requirements, but who can perform
the essential functions of the job (with or without reasonable accommodations) shall be deemed to meet
1. Physical Requirements: This position normally requires the physical demands of standing, walking,
bending, lifting or performing other work required low physical exertion, talking, and hearing on a regular
basis to perform the job requirements. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision,
peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. These physical demands are required up
to 90% of the time.
2. Risk involved with travel on main highway, side streets and rural roads during business travel (very
minimal), which it could include evenings and weekends. Must be able to travel, enter, and exit a vehicle
without assistance and withstand exposure to adverse weather conditions. Random drug tests may be
3. Non-Physical Requirements:
1) At least 2 years of bookkeeping training (i.e. Business college degree or A.A. with emphasis in
2) B.S. in accounting or business is preferred, but not required.
3) Bilingual in English and Spanish skills is highly preferred, but not required.
1) At least 2 years of bookkeeping experience, preferably with QuickBooks software.
2) Experience in the operation of computers with competency in Word and Excel.
D. Special Skills
1. Self-starter and creative problem solver.
2. Provide excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
3. Be detail oriented and meet strict weekly/monthly/annual timelines.
4. Maintain excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks at the same time.
5. This position requires strict confidentiality on Finance, Parish, and Personnel related matters and
meticulous accuracy in all matters.
6. Able to cooperatively work with other office staff.
7. Ability to successfully complete a criminal history and background.
8. Ability to successfully complete a satisfactory credit check.
9. Demonstrate respect and harmony in the Parish Office to visitors, parishioners, parish employees and the
Location: Wenatchee, WA
Application Method: https://www.applitrack.com/yakimadiocese/onlineapp/default.aspx?Category=Bookkeeper
Base Pay: DOQ