Employer: SS Steiner
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Maintenance Mechanic will oversee the performance and maintenance of large production machinery.
- Tests equipment for proper operation prior to production. Ensures all equipment is safely and properly assembled, and ready for production operation. Test equipment after repairs, changeovers or extended downtime.
- Sets up and operates equipment and adjusts controls that regulate operational functions to ensure proper and safe operation according to manufacture specifications.
- Ensures Lockout/Tagout procedures are followed by plant personnel during cleaning, inspecting and any equipment maintenance.
- Wears personal protective equipment such as: gloves, eye protection, and respiratory equipment as needed for a particular job.
- Follows all safety rules regarding machine operation and proper guarding.
- Identify any equipment problems and inform management to ensure that necessary repairs can be scheduled.
- Checks schedule to determine machinery to be cleaned and necessary cleaning supplies and equipment.
- Removes parts and dismantles equipment as required for proper cleaning. Cleans machines and equipment of dust, dirt, debris, including any filters or screens. Disposes of cleanup residue in proper containers according to plant procedures.
- Is responsible for taking care of maintenance areas and electrical areas, keeping work area in neat condition.
- Ability to learn and follow a set procedure for cleaning equipment.
- Maintains cleaning equipment, power tools, and maintenance tools in proper working order.
- Lubricate production and mechanical equipment moving parts as specified in company lubrication and machine maintenance instructions.
- Changes oil in machine reservoirs and gearboxes or cleans and replaces oil filters as required.
- Installs, replaces, or changes machine parts and attachments, according to production specifications.
- Dismantles equipment, remove parts such as motors, gearboxes, bearings, etc. and reassembles using hand tools, chain falls, jacks, hoist, etc.
- Cleans machine and machine parts, using cleaning solvent, cloth, air gun, hose, vacuum, or other equipment.
- Collects and discards worn machine parts and other garbage to maintain machinery and work areas in clean, organized, and efficient manner.
- Transport machine parts, tools, equipment, and other material between work areas and storage using forklift, or other means.
- Performs work requiring knowledge of principles of operation of electrical equipment.
- Fabricates parts as ability allows using machine and hand tools common to the trade.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Experience, Education, andCertification Requirements:
· Some vocational or community college with related coursework or equivalent experience, preferred.
· Electrical background a plus.
· Familiar with pneumatics, hydraulics, boiler operations and refrigeration.
· Mechanically inclined with great problem-solving skills.
· Works well independently and with others.
· Must maintain a good attitude and be professional daily.
· Good communication skills. Must be able to read, write and communicate in English fluently.
· Organized with attention to detail.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced and stressful environment.
· Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
· Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance.
· Ability to perform repetitive and physical demanding tasks for extended periods (lifting, walking, working at heights, climbing, pushing, pulling, twisting and stooping).
· Must be able to work in a fast paced, loud, and labor-intensive environment in variable temperatures (from outdoor heat to indoor refrigerated coolers).
· Prolonged periods standing and walking.
· Able to bend, stretch, push, pull, and move as needed to reach, clean, and service machinery.
· Must be able to visually inspect machines.
· Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
Experience: maintenance mechanic: 1 year (Required)
Location: Yakima, WA (Required)
Work authorization: United States (Required)
Work Location: Multiple locations
Benefit Conditions: Waiting period may apply
Location: Yakima, WA
Application Method: Online: https://www.indeed.com/q-Electrical-l-Yakima,-WA-jobs.html?vjk=68308ace9c26f413
Base Pay: DOQ