Employer: City of Lynnwood
The City of Lynnwood is hiring two Maintenance Worker IIs!
The City of Lynnwood Public Works Street and Stormwater Division are seeking two Maintenance Worker II to join the team!
Under limited supervision, participates in the installation, construction, repair and maintenance of streets and stormwater facilities.
Includes, but is not limited to such essential functions as listed below:
• Receive written and oral work assignments from supervisor and/or foreman; assist in determining necessary equipment, personnel, and material needs.
• Assist in determining or determine best way to set up job site; obtain and set up equipment, tools and materials needed to complete assignment.
• Operate heavy and/or specialized construction equipment.
• Cut out asphalt and concrete; prepare surface for patching; repair streets, sidewalks, curbs, gutters, stairs, retaining walls, catch basins, driveways and approaches, speed bumps and humps with asphalt; mix, pour, and finish concrete for rebuilding.
• Lay out traffic markings in streets according to blueprints; apply or remove paint stripe, thermoplastic markings, pavement markers, buttons and reflectors.
• Perform general street sweeping using a street sweeper; perform routine operator maintenance on machine to include broom replacement and vacuum head adjustments.
• Replace signs and mounts; fabricate signs according to appropriate standards; maintain sign inventory logs; monitor areas of City for sign need, replacement or elimination.
• Install and maintain storm pipes and structures, traffic vaults and boxes, telemetry conduit, manholes, culverts, basins and drains as assigned.
• Install, clean and maintain catch basins; excavate and maintain ponds as assigned.
• Mow and maintain right-of-ways; perform vegetation control as needed.
• Operate snowplow truck, de-icer distributor, and sander in inclement weather.
• Direct the work of Maintenance Worker I's, seasonal workers, Community Service Workers, and other volunteers as assigned.
• Perform other general maintenance work as assigned.
• Maintain regular attendance.
Requires three years experience in street or utility maintenance or construction work or an equivalent combination of related education and experience; must possess and maintain a valid Washington State Driver's License with Class A CDL certification or have the ability to obtain a Class A CDL within six months of hire in the position plus have a driving record acceptable to the City's insurance carrier. Must possess and retain Washington State Traffic Control and work zone safety certifications or be able to obtain within six months of hire.
This position is represented by Teamsters Local 763.
Contact Person: Lena
Location: Lynnwood, WA
Application Method: Email resume to: email@example.com
Base Pay: DOQ