Liquid Natural Gas (LNG) Control Room Operator
Job Category: Operations & Maintenance
Requisition Number: LIQUI02823
Tacoma, WA, USA
We are an independent services company dedicated to delivering value to facilities across the power generation, oil & gas, petrochemical, pulp & paper, and manufacturing industries. For more than 35 years, we have drawn on our deep experience in advisory, operations, maintenance, fabrication, construction, engineering, compliance, technical support, asset management and energy management services to assess, build, operate and maintain sites that run safely, reliably and cost-effectively.
We operate more than 170 power plants throughout the United States, Canada and Mexico that span all technologies and provide over 46 GW of capacity. With the strength of 4000 people, our growing family of companies now addresses the entire life cycle of power generation and other industrial plants.
NAES offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package (including retirement) and promotional opportunities.
Responsible for the operation and maintenance of liquified natural gas (LNG) equipment and systems related to ongoing LNG operations in a safe and efficient manner.
- Performs highly skilled mechanical, electrical, electronic, and instrumentation work in the installation, repair, and maintenance of LNG plant equipment including but not limited to: pumps, gas turbines, engines, motors, fans, hoists, compressors, piping, valves, filters, traps, vaporizers, and meters
- Operates the DCS controls systems for the LNG Operations
- Data entry as required for compliance and production purposes
- Takes equipment readings, interprets abnormal readings and alarms to take pre-designated corrective action including activation of emergency equipment and procedures
- Operates all plant equipment as required for type of process in operation, liquefaction, vaporization, trucking, and stand-by
- Works without supervision on maintaining proper plant operation, security, and emergency equipment and procedures, notifies Supervision of any abnormalities
- Interprets electrical schematics, piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&ID), and process flow diagrams (PFD)
- Calibrates pneumatic and electronic instrumentation and records results on calibration checklists
- Performs work orders for inspections, preventive and corrective maintenance system
- Maintains spare parts inventory reporting deficiencies for restock and reorder
- Does cleaning, painting, pipe fitting, carpentry, masonry, and insulation work
- Works rotating shift work when plant is running during Vaporization, Liquefaction, ship loading or Truck loading.
- Completes company sponsored training as required
- Performs other duties as required
- Must be able to obtain a TWIC card
Safety is a core value of NAES and as a condition of employment, all employees are expected to be mentally alert and work safely at all times. Additionally, employees are required to adhere to all safety warnings and posted safety signs whenever on company property. Furthermore, employees must follow all NAES safety rules and procedures. Effectiveness in carrying out this responsibility is part of the evaluation of each employee’s performance.
This position reports to both the Operations Supervisor and Maintenance Supervisor
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Must be physically able to perform the required duties which include but are not limited to: climbing the LNG storage tank, working in elevated and confined spaces, lifting up to 50 pounds, working in inclement weather conditions, extreme heat and cold. Protective equipment must be worn in the performance of some duties (e.g. hard hats, safety glasses, air masks, ear protection, chemical suits, etc.).
- Position requires extended working hours and varied shifts with weekend and holiday work, as required by schedules, work load and plant conditions.
- All employees will participate in the Fitness for Duty Program. This program includes a post-offer physical examination and drug screening and post-employment random drug screening. There are extensive smoking restrictions in and around the facility.
- Ability to understand procedures and instructions specific to the area of assignment as would be acquired in four years of high school. Industrial trade training associated with valve maintenance and repair, reciprocating/screw compressors, PLC automation systems, electrical motors, low/medium voltage circuits desired
- Previous work experience in LNG or industrial gases
- Must possess working knowledge in operation and maintenance of gas turbines, centrifugal and reciprocating compressors, centrifugal pumps, stand-by electric generators, industrial engines, pneumatic and electronic controls, high output gas fired equipment, and all other process plant equipment
- Must be able to understand and follow oral and written instructions. Keep accurate equipment logs and records.
- Capable of interpreting electrical schematics, P&IDs, and process flow diagrams
- Ability to work well with others and be self-directed, as well as apply creative solutions to unique problems is desirable
It is the practice of NAES to seek employees of the highest quality and to select the individuals on the basis of merit and competence, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, military status or affiliation protected under USERRA, or any other basis of discrimination prohibited by applicable local, state and federal law.
- Computer Skills
- Liquefied Natural Gas
- Mechanical Aptitude
- Verbal and Written Communications
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- High School or better.
- Technical/other training or better.
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License
- Trns Wrkr's Id Cred TWIC
Location: Tacoma, WA
Application Method: Online: https://recruiting2.ultipro.com/NAE1000NAES/JobBoard/f858dd65-f751-41a6-add7-7b877e9b6076/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=9f1d25a0-7f55-4801-bede-6fcae72a5ab7&postingId=2680f401-1e9d-481b-89a1-4288da1dadd6&bID=1702
Base Pay: DOQ