Employer: City of Salem
PW Pumps & Controls Instrument Technician
City of Salem, Oregon
$32.33 - $39.65 an hour
The Operations Division of the City of Salem Public Works Department has an exciting career opportunity for an Instrument Tech in the Pumps and Controls work unit. The Instrument Tech is responsible for preventative maintenance and routine electrical, and electronic maintenance and repair work for the water treatment, reservoir, and water or wastewater pump and lift stations throughout the City. Electrical and electronic maintenance includes direct replacement, overhaul, and repair of electrical control and electronic instrumentation systems or devices and programmable controller monitoring systems.
The Public Works Department values employees and their professional development. If you are someone that takes pride in collaborating on innovative ideas, proactively responding to community needs, and being a good environmental and financial steward, we look forward to meeting you! The Public Works Department promotes a healthy work life balance, while maintaining the utmost dedication to the health, safety and welfare of our community, including our team!
If you are looking for an opportunity to be part of an organization that provides a great family-work life balance, and a cooperative and friendly work environment, the City of Salem is an excellent place for you.
What are the minimum qualifications?
- Must pass the pre-employment background check.
- Must have an Oregon Driver License and have a driving record that meets the City of Salem’s driving standards.
- Graduation from high school, or G.E.D., with supplemental coursework in the electrical, electronic, or mechanical trades, and considerable experience as an electronic instrumentation systems technician or in a process control and maintenance position, including experience with microprocessor-based systems or distributed control systems, or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential job functions.
- For positions assigned to the PW Pumps and Controls section, a minimum of 3 years work experience in industrial controls maintenance, instrumentation, electrical and electronic work with programmable controllers, microprocessor-based systems, or distributed control systems is preferred.
- Possession of Oregon Limited Energy Technician, class A (LEA) or class B (LEB) is required.
- Possession of FCC Radio operator license or similar technical certification preferred.
Where can I find out more about the position?
- Go to the menu option for Class Specifications and search for Instrument Tech or view by clicking here.
How can I apply?
- The City of Salem invites individuals of all diverse communities and backgrounds to apply for our available job opportunities as we strive to provide the best service to everyone. The City of Salem is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all and has a culture that values diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that by welcoming differences, encouraging new ideas and views, listening to and learning from each other, we are better able to serve the community.
- To apply, click on the green “Apply” button to complete your application. Make sure that you specify how you meet the qualifications outlined in the class specification and complete the application.
- Applicants that meet the minimum qualifications as outlined above but not selected for this position may be placed on an eligibility list, and candidates may be hired from the list. Eligibility lists are valid for six months. The City will send email notifications to eligible candidates about potential hiring opportunities so please ensure your email settings accept our system generated email notifications.
- You may subscribe for automatic notification of job openings at the City through the Job Interest Cards – sign up today!
- For more information about employment at the City of Salem, please visit our website at www.cityofsalem.net/jobs.
Location: Salem, OR
Application Method: Online: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/cityofsalem/jobs/2879270/pw-pumps-controls-instrument-technician
Base Pay: $32.33 - $39.65 HR