Employer: Agilent Technologies, Inc.
Instrumentation / Electronics / Controls Technician
Agilent Technologies, Inc.
Boulder, CO 80301
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek - so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
Join a growing team with this exciting new opportunity for an Instrumentation and Controls Technician in our engineering group at our Boulder, Colorado GMP facility. Work in our dynamic, fast paced, API-Biopharma manufacturing environment with the ability to contribute to the growing industry of oligonucleotide (DNA-RNA) based therapeutics.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support and troubleshooting of the Plant Control System (PCS), Building Automation System (BAS), and controls systems associated with various independent automated utility and bioprocessing skids. The PCS support includes a SCADA application, Thin Client HMI's, and PLC hardware and software.
- Automation system support including troubleshooting control panel hardware, wiring, and instrumentation to limit manufacturing down time.
- Support operational improvements by executing minor automation modifications to SCADA, PLC, and BAS systems.
- Support new equipment installs and integration, equipment upgrades, replacements, and decommissioning.
- Support continuous improvements of automation systems' practices, procedures, maintenance, and spare parts programs to reduce risk of down time and provide enhanced compliance.
- Support of GMP activities including authoring / reviewing User Requirements, Functional and Detailed Design Specifications, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Change Controls (CCs), User Access Management, Deviations (DEVs), and Corrective and Preventative Action plans (CAPAs)
- Provides technical support as I&C subject matter expert (SME) for engineering projects towards improvement of processing equipment, utilities, and facilities instrumentation.
- Support of troubleshooting industrial control networks such as Ethernet and BACNet.
As an Instrument Controls Technician, you will:
- Support multi-discipline manufacturing processes with respect to the inspection, evaluation, calibration, repair, maintenance, installation and/or enhancement of process instrumentation.
- Be a self-starter, accountable for their activities and manage a varied workload of controls, calibration and "on-demand" maintenance activities
- Demonstrate a positive, service-based, "Client" first attitude.
- Work integrally with other departments and internal clients in a team environment.
- Solve complex problems requiring breadth / depth of knowledge of technical disciplines, operations, procedures.
- Communicate effectively and keep employees updated regarding the status of calibrations, repairs, and work orders (scheduled and un-scheduled).
- Have familiarity working in regulated environments (GMP pharmaceutical manufacturing).
- Have familiarity working with industrial chemical systems and processes.
- Document each calibration and maintenance activity accurately and in a compliant manner within the service database (Regulatory Asset Manager).
- Demonstrate the Agilent core values of trust, speed, integrity, focus, accountability, and teamwork.
Location: Boulder, CO
Application Method: Online: https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?r=5000654796606&c=2167807&d=External&rb=INDEED&sid=364#/
Base Pay: DOQ