Employer: Blue Origin
Environmental Test Technician II - Kent, WA
We are a mission-driven team of collaborators, doers, and problem-solvers relentlessly committed to a culture of safety. As part of a passionate and accomplished team of Test Technicians, you will directly impact the future of space flight and help us make progress towards our mission of building the road to space through reusable rockets. You will also share in the team’s impact on all aspects of environmental testing, including testing on individual flight hardware components for space launch vehicles. In this hands-on position, you will operate and maintain environmental test equipment used for development and acceptance testing of flight hardware. Join us in advancing our vision of millions of people living and working in space to benefit Earth.
- Conduct hands-on thermal, vibration, shock and vacuum testing on flight hardware in accordance with MIL-STD-810, SMC-S-016 and MIL-STD-1540
- Demonstrated ability to work with test, flight and safety critical hardware, tools and shop equipment
- Setup and safely operate high energy systems (e.g. high pressure gas and electrical)
- Operate and maintain environmental test equipment including data acquisition systems, environmental chambers, vibration systems and instrumentation systems
- Conduct and/or oversee several test projects simultaneously while supporting operations schedules
- Configure test setups, fixtures and instrumentation per test procedures/plans and standards
- Maintain cleanliness of test equipment and test lab
- Proficient in MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.
- Identify, communicate, and mitigate cost, schedule and technical risks
- Participate in Job Hazard Assessments
- Passion for our mission: Millions of people living and working in space!
- 2+ years of experience in a testing environment and working with test equipment in the aerospace and/or reliability/environmental testing industry
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, standards and technical requirements
- Demonstrated familiarity with LabVIEW data acquisition systems, data analysis and data processing
- Strong safety mindset and experience, including hands-on experience planning and conducting hazardous or critical operations
- Weekend shifts or overtime are frequently required for particular tasks or test series
- Position may require change to 2nd shift depending on test demand
- Position level commensurate with experience
- Ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional relationships, and contribute to a culture of inclusion
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- 3+ years of direct hands-on experience in the aerospace and/or reliability testing industry
- Previous experience operating test equipment of a similar magnitude
- Skills using Creo or other modeling and drafting software
- Proficient understanding of LabVIEW Data Acquisition systems and programming
- Familiarity with IEST-STD-MIL-1246E Product Cleanliness Levels and Contamination Controls
- Ability to utilize test instrumentation and control components: pressure transducers, thermocouples, RTDs, strain gauges, accelerometers, flow meters, load cells, relays, solenoid valves, preferred
- Ability to read and understand mechanical and electrical schematics and reports
- Experienced with high pressure system design and handling
- Experience using test instrumentation and control components
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive compensation, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an equal opportunity employer . In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with Blue's principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.
Location: Kent, WA
Application Method: Online: https://blueorigin.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/BlueOrigin/job/Kent-WA/Environmental-Test-Technician-II_R5380?mode=job&iis=Job+Board&iisn=Indeed
Base Pay: DOQ