Employer: J.R. Simplot Company
Electrical & Instrumentation Technician
Caldwell, ID 83607
$31.40 an hour
The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization, with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. We are a true farm-to-table company with operations that touch every aspect of agriculture, including seed production, farming and ranching, plant sciences, fertilizer manufacturing, food processing, commercial product development, and distribution.
This job ensures efficient operation of all process control instrumentation in the plant. This includes maintenance, sanitation, troubleshooting, calibration and repair of all electronic equipment and instrumentation on site. The individual in this job will be required to fully understand the purpose and operation of the electronic equipment and instrumentation throughout the plant and have the ability to make decisions based on sound judgment when a situation dictates. This position is on night shift.
- Maintains necessary level of communication with team members and other support groups and does so in a participative management style, conducive with operational goals.
- Maintains Company standards for quality, food safety, sanitation and GMPs: Works within safety rules and regulations in actively avoiding injury to self and others. Ensures proper food safety sanitation and cleaning procedures of all processing equipment and tools.
- Documents, monitors, maintains, and assists with reporting of shift events, logging Predictive Maintenance data and assists with work planning utilizing information systems and productivity software.
- Troubleshoots and makes minor and major repairs of equipment, including automation systems, in order to prevent or minimize equipment and machine downtime.
- Identifies and performs preventative/predictive maintenance on equipment throughout the facility. Maintains all shop inventories, tools and shop equipment. Creates, performs and completes work orders in the system as assigned or as needed, prepares kitting when necessary. Coordinates or schedules additional work as needed. Identifies parts needed for work to be done, conducts inventory searches and locates parts.
- Ensures that additional accountabilities required by management are handled in a manner necessary to meet operational standards.
- Installs, operates, and maintains to a high level of reliability central process control equipment and instrumentation including, but not limited to computers, programmable controllers, motor controllers and wiring.
- Ensures instrumentation is tuned and calibrated and performs routine preventive/predictive maintenance on all instrumentation.
Typical Education: Associate's Degree (A.A. or equivalent)
Relevant Experience: 3+ years related experience and/or training
Pay Rate: $31.40
Job Requisition ID: 2052
Travel Required: None
Location(s): FG Idaho Plant - Caldwell
Country: United States
**The J.R. Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status.**
If you require technical assistance, please email us at email@example.com.
Location: Caldwell, ID
Application Method: Online: https://careers.simplot.com/job/Caldwell-Electrical-&-Instrumentation-Technician-Idaho-FG-ID-83607-9221/668855000/?feedId=306600&utm_source=Indeed&utm_campaign=Simplot_Indeed&jobPipeline=Indeed
Base Pay: DOQ