Employer: Twin City Foods
5405 Industrial Way
Pasco, WA, 99301
$18.00 - $27.00 / Hour
Non-Exempt Ben. Eligible
Boiler Refrigeration Mechanic-Twin City Foods, Inc.
Twin City Foods Inc. began as a small frozen vegetable processing company in Stanwood, WA in 1943. Twin City Foods has grown to become one of the nation’s largest independent processors of frozen vegetables. For over 60 years, Twin City Foods has been committed to growing, harvesting, processing, freezing, packaging, and distributing the highest quality quick frozen vegetable (IQF) products. By consistently exceeding expectations, we’ve become a leader in serving the need of customers both domestically and abroad. At every level, we deliver quality and value that is unmatched. We currently have a Boiler Refrigeration Mechanic position available in our facility in Pasco, WA.
General Purpose of Job:
Performs the operation of boiler, refrigeration and support & facility equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Performs the firing of boilers and operation of refrigeration and auxiliary equipment
· Performs inspection, installation, operation, lubrication, maintenance and repair of line/lines, boiler, refrigeration and support & facility for general operating conditions or evidence of deterioration; listens for sounds from machinery that indicate mechanical malfunction, or other problems that could lead to breakdown; observes and interprets meters and gauges, adjusts and repairs boiler, refrigeration and support & facility equipment
· Conducts tests to determine operating efficiency of various pieces of equipment monitoring, troubleshooting, etc.
· Inspects equipment for safe condition and need for replacement components by using procedures and test equipment to determine condition of operating equipment
· Repairs, fabricates or replaces broken parts on boiler, refrigeration and support & facility equipment
· Cuts and threads pipe using hand pipe cutters and/or pipe threading machine
· Assembles and installs valves, pipe fittings and pipes using hand tools and power tools, checks for system leakage
· Cuts and prepares materials for fabrication using hand and power tools
· Fabricates materials using welding and cutting equipment
· Inspects, diagnoses and repairs hydraulic and pneumatic systems
· Repacks, repairs and adjusts pumps
· Performs general building maintenance work on facility
· Notifies supervisory personnel of conditions affecting the operation of equipment or safety of staff
· May perform water treatment tests
· Records data concerning operating hours, temperatures, pressure and fuel consumption and maintains log
· Participates in Process Safety Management functions
· Helps maintain general cleanliness of engine room, boiler room and maintenance areas
· Performs maintenance work using a variety of hand, shop and power tools. Demonstrates working knowledge of hand, shop and power tools
· Much effort has been made to make sure this job description is as complete as possible. It is, however, not inclusive and should not be taken as such. Other activities may be assigned, which are related or are a logical extension of this job, to assure smooth operation of Twin City Foods.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience Required:
· Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions
· Skill in reading and writing in English enough to read and write logs
· Ability to keep detailed records as required
· Skill in communications, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with supervisors and coworkers enough to convey or exchange information
· Ability to work effectively with others
· Must have working knowledge of company policies and procedures and the ability to work within these guidelines
· Ability to perform under pressure of production environment and effectively manage down time situations
· Must have working knowledge of the firing, operation, maintenance and repair of steam boilers, refrigeration and auxiliary equipment
· Must have the ability to interpret and work from sketches, drawings, plans and blueprints
· Must have the ability to exercise independent judgment in determining operating conditions, malfunctions (troubleshooting), repairs and meeting emergency situations
· Ability to lift 50 pounds
· Must be able to work any shift and overtime as required
Required Education/Training/Certification Qualifications:
· Must provide basic hand tools
· May be required to participate in the company respirator program and the use of appropriate safety equipment necessary to perform maintenance on the refrigeration system
· Must participate in ongoing state, federal and industry training requirements
Essential Physical Abilities:
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use a range of arm movements necessary to operate equipment; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and stand on concrete, occasionally required to stoop, crouch, and climb or balance.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions, work near moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles and outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
· Concrete mostly but may need to work on mats or grates at times
· Hot Temperatures
· Cold Temperatures
· Wet conditions
· High Noise Level
· Work Inside/Outside
Location: Pasco, WA
Application Method: https://secure4.entertimeonline.com/ta/6145398.careers?rnd=QUG&JobsSearch=1
Base Pay: $18-$27/hr