Employer: Tree Top
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Customer Service Representative develops and maintains positive relationships with customers by providing exceptional service and support to business needs. Position will efficiently process incoming orders and monitor status of production to ensure timely shipment of final product. Position will provide solutions to customers’ queries and concerns and ensure customer is satisfied with the company, products and services.
This position reports to the Customer Service Manager and does not supervise staff. The position works with Northwest Naturals (NWN) staff and current and potential customers.
(The essential functions listed below are not intended to reflect all duties that may be assigned to this position. NW Naturals may augment duties, including essential functions, at its discretion.)
- Serve as the primary interface between the customers and NW Naturals. Stay informed of continuing changes in customer needs, products, and procedures. Document and route all change orders in a timely manner. Inform customers, brokers, and salespeople of any and all circumstances affecting their order.
- Enter orders accurately and timely to eliminate errors and/or misinterpretation. Monitor orders daily and coordinate activities with sales, lab, production, and shipping departments to ensure customer satisfaction. Analyze inventory attributes and allocate product appropriately. Update order production schedules throughout the day to ensure deadlines are met.
- Support sales initiatives by understanding and analyzing customer’s product line and order history. Assist in creating sales opportunities by offering value added ingredients to meet customers’ menu needs.
- Create and maintain customer order files. Respond to customer requests for support documents as necessary.
- Provide administrative support to the Customer Service Department.
- Perform other duties as assigned, including but not limited to: producing routine and irregular sales reports upon request; identifying and analyzing quality and/or efficiency enhancements and cost reductions; and making recommendations for change.
- Have regular attendance and work appropriate number of hours to get the essential functions completed.
- Perform under the Working Conditions described below.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR ENTRY:
- Principles and practices of providing exceptional customer service, including good phone etiquette.
- Mathematics and cash management related to processing invoices, payments, inventory, and pricing.
- Effective business communication, including verbal, written, and presentations.
- Pertinent Federal, State, and local laws, codes and regulations.
- Gain cooperation through discussion and persuasion.
- Identify, research, and analyze problems, identify alternative solutions, and project consequences of proposed actions.
- Effectively organize, plan, and execute.
- Use computers and computer software including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases, including ten-key proficiency.
- Meet behaviors established in NW Naturals’ performance management and development process.
EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATION/LICENSES, AND TRAINING:
- A High School diploma or GED is required.
- Minimum of one year of experience working with customers in a team environment and using office skills.
- Constantly works in an office environment
- Occasionally works mandatory overtime
- Frequently works with dissatisfied or angry customers
- Occasionally travels, including overnight stays, to other worksites, for off-site meetings, and for training purposes
- Physical requirements of the job:
- Constantly lifts up to 10 pounds
- Vision requirements: Constantly uses near vision
- Constantly talks, types, uses repetitive hand motions, listens/uses hearing, and/or sits
- Occasionally walks or stands
- Types of exposures encountered on the job: Occasionally has exposures to extreme heat/cold temperatures and/or odors or fumes
Persons with disabilities may be able to perform the essential duties of this job with reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodation will be evaluated on an individual basis and depends, in part, on the specific requirements for the job, the limitations related to disability and the ability of the department/division to accommodate the limitation.
Northwest Naturals is an EEO/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status in accordance with law.
Location: Bothell, WA
Application Method: Online: https://www.treetop.com/careers/job-search/
Base Pay: DOQ