Employer: Tree Top
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Sales Administrator is responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with Retail, Foodservice & Ingredient customers. This position enters customer orders, reviews inventory, monitors blanket agreements and/or promotion allowance and pricing, communicates with customers, processes customer complaints, respond to customer inquiries, and works closely with Demand Analysts, Transportation, and Warehouse Coordinators. In addition, position confirms that product is produced and inventory is available for shipment and/or facilitates a variance for signatures to release product when necessary. The Sales Administrators ensure customers are satisfied with the company, products, and services.
This position reports to the Sales Administrator Supervisor and does not supervise staff. The position works with Sales and Marketing, Supply Chain, Manufacturing facilities, transportation, quality assurance, external warehouses, accounting, brokers, and customers.
(The essential functions listed below are not intended to reflect all duties that may be assigned to this position. It is the responsibility of every employee at Tree Top Inc. to report food safety and food quality problems or risks to personnel with the authority to initiate action against these said possible risks. Tree Top has identified personnel that will serve as backups for key personnel in the event that said employee is absent or unavailable. These provisions can be found within the organizational chart. Tree Top may augment duties, including essential functions, at its discretion.)
- Receives customer orders via EDI, Email or Fax examines order details and available inventory and responds to customers with an order acknowledgment. Inputs orders into the computer, review for accuracy, sends an order confirmation to customers, and a WSNO to Transportation and shipping warehouse. If necessary, works directly with Credit Manager, Demand Analyst, Inventory Control, Quality Assurance, and Transportation to expedite orders. Monitors orders to ensure we meet customer’s delivery dates.
- Enter customer orders into third party i3pl warehouse software. Update the information with a new ship-to address and additional information as required. Works through the Warehouse Coordinator on any issues.
- Develop internal and external customer relationships by listening to and understanding the customer’s needs, responding to product, documentation, and/or process inquiries and concern, and providing reports and/or information to the customer and Sales Managers. Enter or extract information from customer-specific portals.
- Investigate and process customer complaints in an effective and timely manner, while working with the “Quality Assurance” team. Coordinate and facilitate product return if applicable, and/or initiate credits to the customers.
- Request, review, and communicate freight quotes with customers by working directly with the Transportation team providing them with complete information to provide accurate freight rates in a timely manner.
- Provide information, support, and assistance to Director of Customer Service and Sales Managers as requested. Provide back-up assistance to co-workers.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by visiting the plants and participating in educational opportunities. Attend and participate in department and/or cross-functional meetings. Participate in customer visits.
- Have regular attendance and work appropriate number of hours to get the essential functions completed.
- Perform under the Working Conditions described below.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR ENTRY:
- Principles and practices of providing exceptional customer service.
- Mathematics and cash management related to processing invoices, payments, inventory, and pricing.
- Principles and practices of office administrative and management practices and procedures including record keeping.
- Effective business communication, including verbal, written, and presentations.
- Pertinent Federal, State, and local laws, codes, and regulations.
- Read, understand, interpret, and apply customer-specific guidelines, rules, contracts, procedures, and policies.
- Accurately perform mathematical calculations.
- Maintain confidential and sensitive information.
- Gain cooperation through discussion and persuasion.
- Gather, evaluate, and interpret information.
- Effectively organize, plan, and execute.
- Use computers and computer software including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Type 80wpm.
- Meet behaviors established in Tree Top’s performance management and development process.
EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATION/LICENSES, AND TRAINING:
- Associate degree in business administration or related field is preferred.
- Minimum of three years of experience working with customers in a team environment and using office skills.
- Experience with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint preferred.
- Constantly works in an office environment and occasionally has exposures to a lab, outdoors, and/or manufacturing/plant environment
- Occasionally works mandatory overtime
- Occasionally deals with highly confidential information
- Occasionally works with dissatisfied or angry customers
- Occasionally works under tight time constraints or with business activities of a seasonal/cyclical nature
- Occasionally travels, including overnight stays, to other worksites, for off-site meetings, and for training purposes
- Physical requirements of the job:
- Constantly lifts up to 10 pounds, frequently lifts up 20 pounds, and occasionally lifts up to 50 pounds
Vision requirements: Constantly uses near vision and/or color vision and frequently uses far vision and/or depth perception
- Constantly climbs, talks, types, uses repetitive hand motions, grasps, listens/uses hearing, and/or sits
- Frequently lifts, crouches, stands, and/or walks
- Occasionally pulls, kneels, reaches, pushes, stoops, and/or drives
- Types of exposures encountered on the job: Occasionally has exposures to extreme heat/cold temperatures and/or loud machine/equipment noise
Persons with disabilities may be able to perform the essential duties of this job with reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodation will be evaluated on an individual basis and depends, in part, on the specific requirements for the job, the limitations related to disability, and the ability of the department/division to accommodate the limitation.
Tree Top is an EEO/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status in accordance with law.
Location: Selah, WA
Application Method: Online: https://www.treetop.com/careers/job-search/
Base Pay: DOQ