As a leader in the food packaging industry, and Americas largest metal food packaging producer we are a crucial part of Americas food supply chain. Silgan Containers is continuing production and helping to keep our food supply chain flowing. Join our team and help us overcome this and future challenges to our nation and communities.
Launch your career with Silgan Containers today and join a team of dedicated mechanics to troubleshoot, maintain, repair, and modify all mechanical systems at our state-of-the-art, multi-technology can manufacturing plant. The successful candidate will be resourceful, detail-oriented, and self-directed. A strong work ethic and related experience in a manufacturing environment are required. If you are looking for a challenge, willing to go the extra mile, and want to work with people who are just as talented as you are, this is the place for you.
You will love it here if:
- You enjoy utilizing extensive knowledge of mechanical principles in a high-speed can manufacturing line
- You are committed to the adherence of all safety regulations
- You are driven by the idea of installing new systems and developing improvements to existing systems within the plant
Essential Job Functions
- Operates and maintains can line, performs and documents quality checks and measurements, requiring supervisory assistance only in unusual quality or operating problems. Takes full responsibility for the quality of the product and line efficiency.
- Properly diagnoses mechanical and quality problems, determines the necessary repairs, and restores malfunctioning equipment back to service with minimum delay.
- Maintains work area and equipment in a clean and orderly fashion.
- Adheres to all safety regulations and reports any hazards that may compromise a safe workplace.
- Works closely with supervision and fellow employees on improvement teams to uncover and implement safety, quality, productivity, and cost control advancements.
What we offer:
- A stable, reliable, and environmentally conscious workplace
A great culture where you feel like a member of our family – achievements are recognized, acknowledged, and celebrated
A comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, & life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Who we are:
Silgan Containers is the largest manufacturer of metal food containers in the United States. Trusted by America’s most respected brands, our reputation is based on a foundation of quality, excellence, and unsurpassed technical expertise. We strive to maintain a positive culture where all employees are encouraged to share new ideas and achieve their goals.
Essential Job Requirements
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or equivalent.
EXPERIENCE: 2 years.
- A proven background in manufacturing or similar production environment.
- Ability to read and comprehend blueprints and drawings, handbooks, specifications, equipment manuals, parts lists, and other written material as associated with the position within a reasonable time.
- Skilled in the use of hand and power tools necessary to perform the job.
- Possesses the necessary hand tools to set up and maintain all can line machinery and associated equipment.
- Must be able to use measuring instruments (caliper, micrometers, depth micrometers, etc.)
- Must have good trouble shooting skills, ability to diagnose and complete repairs in emergency situations.
- Must be able to take direction, as well as be self-motivated and work alone.
- Must be able to work rotating shifts including nights, per the crew schedule. Must also be willing to work overtime, Saturdays, Sundays and holidays if required.
- Position requires successful completion of written aptitude/skills testing, background check, physical exam, and drug testing.
Must be able to: pass specific vision requirements, have depth perception, distinguish basic color shared, distinguish basic colors.
Constantly 67% or more: standing, walking, usage of both hands and legs required, must be able to give clear oral communication.
Frequently 34-66%: lifting max of 20 lbs, climbing stairs, repetitive twisting or pressure involving wrists or hands, ability for rapid mental/muscular coordination, hear conversations clearly.
Occasionally 5-33%: lifting max of 50 lbs, carrying estimate of 20 lbs 10 ft, pulling hand over hand, climbing stairs, climbing ladders, squatting, kneeling, bending, and reaching.
Infrequent 0-5%: sitting, lifting max of 75 lbs to 100 lbs, pushing 20 lbs 10 ft, balancing, crawling, and repetitive finger movement.
WORKING CONDITIONS: High noise levels, vibrations, varying atmospheric conditions and temperatures, hazardous chemicals
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER:
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for this position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an "at-will" basis.
Silgan Containers is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, or the presence of a disability, which would not prevent the performance of essential job duties with, or without reasonable accommodation of any other protective status.
Silgan Containers is a drug-free workplace.
Location: Toppenish, WA
Application Method: https://silgancontainers.mua.hrdepartment.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/10917
Base Pay: DOQ