Employer: Continental Mills
Apply online at www.ContinentalMills.com/Careers
Continental Mills, the home of Krusteaz and other fine food brands, is looking for a Maintenance Tech with PLC knowledge to join our 24/7 dry food manufacturing team in the Kent Valley. We offer a place where your input is valued, successes are celebrated, and teamwork is respected. Will train on day shift for several months before moving to regular 12-hour night shift.
This position is responsible for collaborating with production staff to ensure the reliability of food production equipment, and completion of repair tasks in a manner that minimizes reactive downtime.
Essential Functions: Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time.
• Effectively perform preventive maintenance tasks to enhance equipment reliability.
• Troubleshoot and repair processing, packaging, and facility related equipment.
• Collaborate with production personnel to identify causes of mechanical downtime.
• Interpret mechanical blueprints, electrical schematic drawings, and PLC logic diagrams.
• Perform metal fabrication tasks as necessary to complete repairs including cutting, welding and finishing.
• Display an understanding of AC and DC motors, VFD drives, and the ability to safely troubleshoot circuits of varying voltage (110/120V, 220V, 480V).
• Evaluate equipment condition and reacts appropriately with follow-up activities.
• Identify opportunities for improvement in the production process and take action: document action and results.
• Attend all crew, safety and team meetings, lead meetings as necessary.
• Train operators and others in proper operation and maintenance of equipment.
• Participate in Total Productive Manufacturing (TPM) autonomous maintenance teams.
• Follows GMP’s at all times.
• Demonstrate strong mechanical troubleshooting skills.
• Follow specific maintenance procedures concerning PM’s, schedules and documentation requirements.
• Display a strong sense of customer service while working with internal customers.
• Confront issues by focusing on solutions that satisfy both internal and external customers.Follow all safety guidelines and good manufacturing practices.
• Successfully practice a customer service focus in organizing and prioritizing work demands.
• Ability to change work days/hours for occasional departmental vacation coverage.
• Be flexible to work all shifts and overtime.
• Successfully work under pressure and manage time to complete all assigned work.
• Use a PC for communication, parts research, and maintenance system purposes.
• Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, and perform intermediate level math functions.
• Maintain personal safety while considering and protecting the safety of others whenever possible.
• Communicate effectively with all levels of the organization, and represent Continental Mills to outside contacts in a professional manner.
• Climb ladders and lift/push/pull using proper techniques up to 50 pounds frequently and up to 200 pounds occasionally.
• Work in confined spaces and elevated heights (up to 60 feet) safely.•
Education and/or Experience:
• Relevant trade or technical school training preferred
• 2 years of industrial manufacturing maintenance experience preferred
• 2 years of Allen-Bradley PLC experience preferred
Contact Person: Pam Gibbons
Location: Kent, WA
Application Method: Application
Base Pay: $28.50-$34.50/hour DOE