Employer: Clear Water Services, LLC
Water Treatment Technician
Clear Water Services, LLC - Everett, WA 98204 (Holly area)
$19 - $25 an hour - Full-time, Part-time
Position Description Summary:
- Complete classroom (16 hours) and field training (40 hours) to achieve certification as Water Treatment System Technician.
- Performs stormwater, groundwater, and/or other water remediation related activities on assigned projects.
- Provides support and assistance to Project Lead Technician and Project Manager as directed during field operations
- Performs other tasks as may be assigned.
(The following is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all expectations.):
• Conducts Certified Erosion and Sediment Control inspections per project Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP) and applicable permits
• Operates and monitors water treatment equipment (pumps, filters, chemical delivery and water quality monitoring systems) according to the operational parameters upon demonstration of proficiency to other lead technicians or supervisor
• Collects and analyzes a variety of water quality samples using handheld equipment, field instruments and laboratory methods as necessary
• Performs benchscale treatability experiments (jar tests) to determine appropriate dose rates
• Calibrates water quality instrumentation and chemical injection systems in accordance with technology specific use designations and equipment specifications
• Conducts residual chemistry testing experiments to ensure system effluent meets water quality standards
• Monitors and assesses system performance. Troubleshoot and optimize systems as needed to maximize performance and efficiency to maintain water quality parameters
• Maintains field logs and essential paperwork
• Maintains onsite Chemical & Lab Supplies Inventory
• Conducts basic system maintenance and informs supervisor of any equipment operational problems
• Adheres to company and site specific health & safety policies
• Adheres to federal, state and local environmental regulations
• Escalates issues as necessary
• Field locations as assigned on construction and industrial projects. Often requires working in difficult weather conditions.
• Shop locations as assigned in fast paced production and manufacturing operations environment.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Current certification as a Certified Erosion and Sediment Control Lead (CESCL), through an Ecology-approved CESCL training course.
• Fundamental knowledge of standard erosion and sediment control practices
• Fundamental knowledge of, high-pressure sand filter systems.
• Fundamental knowledge of water pumping and piping systems.
• Fundamental knowledge of water quality discharge regulations.
• Fundamental knowledge of water quality testing procedures and methods
• Basic understanding of mechanical and electrical systems
• Basic understanding of remediation water chemistry (coagulation, pH, contaminants)
• Excellent organizational abilities, customer service and communication skills. Must be able to effectively interface with customers and vendors in fast paced environment.
• Must be a team player and help out where needed, yet motivated to work independently
• Minimum of High School Diploma or a General Education Development Diploma (GED).
• Associates Degree or professional training desired.
• Bachelor Degree in Science, Engineering or Environmental Studies highly desired.
• Certification as a Wastewater Treatment Operator desired.
Physical Requirements: Must be able to work under difficult weather conditions in a construction or industrial environment. Must be able manage a flexible work schedule. Must be able to lift fifty (50) pounds. Must be able to travel and have a clean driving record. May be required to pass pre-employment or incident based drug/alcohol screening.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $19.00 - $25.00 per hour
•Paid Time Off
•Monday to Friday
Supplemental Pay: Commission Pay
Education: High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Required travel: 25% (Preferred)
Work Location: Multiple locations
Hours per week: 30-39
Company's website: clearwaterservies.com
Company's Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ClearWaterCompliance/
Benefit Conditions: Only full-time employees eligible
Work Remotely: No
Location: Everett, WA
Application Method: Online: https://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=Instrumentation&start=90&vjk=e06ff00fa3e2cb1e&advn=5909660303174828
Base Pay: $19 - $25 HR