Employer: Northern Energy Services
Northern Energy Services - Prudhoe Bay, AK
$32 - $42 an hour
Job Objective: Technician
This position is for the Endicott O&M Department. The Instrument Tech position will install and maintain facility instrumentation. This position is responsible to help ensure a safe, comfortable, operating environment. This position will also need to ensure that all calibration/maintenance work performed is documented as out lined in the prescribed procedures.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
· Review blueprints, schematic drawings, and job specifications to determine work requirements.
· Supports and maintains Instrument and control equipment, Electronic, Mechanical and Pneumatic instrumentation of various types and manufacturers.
· Performs testing, inspection, installation, repairs, calibration and maintenance on equipment such as: process measurement and control switches, process measurement transmitters, process measurement indicators and controllers, process analyzers, and flow measurements instruments.
· Control valves and accessories, including: actuators, transducers, signal converters, solenoid operated valves, regulators and associated tubing.
· Process and automation interface equipment such as: PLC, DCS logic controls systems (Fire and Gas detection and suppression) and various annunciators.
· Support Rotating Equipment such as: turbine, compressor, pump controls (vibration, speed, temperature, S/D)
· Test, inspect, Install, repair, and maintain instruments and control equipment, including electrical systems, signal generating instruments, control systems, programmable logic controllers, and power distribution systems.
· Test and maintain Fire Alarm Detection Systems for Living Areas, Utility Areas and Process Areas.
· Perform energy isolation tasks on Low voltage systems and hydraulic systems in a safe manner.
· Perform loop checks and troubleshoot systems for operational efficiency.
· Calibrate and adjust instruments using tools and equipment such as precision regulators and test gauges.
· Maintain records, logs and schedules of all requests and work orders.
· Adheres to established work schedule, attendance standards and is punctual to work and meetings.
· Assist with identification of current and future Instrumentation/Controls requirements by establishing a rapport with management, engineering, production personnel, technicians, and other persons in a position to understand controls requirements.
· Know how to read and interpret P&ID’s
Other Job Responsibilities:
· Other duties as assigned by management.
· Five (5) years minimum experience required in instrumentation maintenance. Oil and gas field experience preferred.
· Ability to perform heavy manual tasks for extended periods of time.
· Ability to effectively communicate.
· Ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions.
· Ability to accurately solve problems.
· Ability to be available 24 hours per day (on call for questions, emergencies, etc.).
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, supervisors, other departments, and the public.
· Ability to complete multiple, diverse tasks of differing priorities.
· Ability to pass preemployment drug screen, background check and Fit for Duty Exam
· Ability to work outside in cold conditions.
· Work requires an educational background normally acquired through a degree in Instrumentation, Process Control, or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience.
· Certification/Education may be substituted for a maximum of 2 years of experience.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations:
· North Slope Training Cooperative (NSTC)
This position is a rotational position on a 2 week on 2 week off rotation
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $32.00 - $42.00 per hour
•12 hour shift
•Instrumentation Maintenance: 5 years (Required)
•Oil and Gas: 2 years (Preferred)
•High school or equivalent (Required)
•Prudhoe Bay, AK (Required)
•On the road
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
•Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
•Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
Location: Prudhoe Bay, AK
Application Method: Online: https://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=Instrumentation&start=80&vjk=ec9f2225904116b9
Base Pay: $32 - $42 HR