Employer: Pacific Coast Producers
Apprentice Instrument Controls Technician
Work Location (HCM): Woodland Plant
Pacific Coast Producers is one of the nation’s top food packaging companies and has full-time job openings for Apprentice Instrument / Controls Technicians at facilities in beautiful Northern California. We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits, including medical, dental, vision, pension, and 401(k).
These are full-time, bargaining unit (union) positions requiring work on various shifts with potential for a great deal of overtime in the summer months. Individuals will perform maintenance, repair, design and/or modification of the plant’s control network and control/electrical systems. Positions will gradually assume responsibility under a head technician or supervisor for the efficient operation, maintenance, repair, and safety of all plant instruments, controls, PLC/HMI programming; electrical circuits, plant floor networking, and related equipment.
To be considered, applicants must have:
1. Satisfactorily completed a two year program relative to this field (instrumentation/controls); or
2. Comparable work experience, plus one year of formal training in this area; and
3. Must possess a fundamental understanding of instruments, controls, PLC/HMI programming, electrical circuits, and related equipment, which may be evaluated by passing assessments.
• PLC and HMI troubleshooting skills; including a minimum of minor logic editing skills.
• Understanding of plant floor hardware and software, as well as networking and domain structure admin.
• Knowledge of SQL server development and administration.
• Process control systems trouble shooting skills.
• AutoCAD experience for creating electrical drawings.
• Ability to work independently, performing related maintenance, repair, planning, and design.
• Proficient at interpreting and developing electrical one line and logic schematics, along with P&ID drawings, and process flow drawings.
• Troubleshooting, calibration and installation of our pneumatic and electromechanical components, programmable logic controllers, printers, level and temperature devices, control valves, chart recorders and similar components, and other technology and equipment.
• Assist in complex troubleshooting and control strategy.
• Read blueprints, charts, sketches and operating instructions and proceed accordingly.
• Keep maintenance records. Obtain and maintain an adequate supply of parts.
• Responsible for work and layout, requisitioning necessary equipment.
• Observe, support and enforce all regulatory standards; Company safety and food safety, quality initiatives and standards including housekeeping of personal storage areas and tool box.
Note – Pacific Coast Producers offers equal employment opportunity to all applicants including females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans.
Location: Woodland, CA
Application Method: Online: https://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp01/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=PCOASTP&cws=1&rid=571
Base Pay: DOQ