Electronic Maintenance Technician
- Locations: Sacramento, United States of America
- Job Family:Manufacturing
- Req ID:223850
The Electronic Maintenance Technician maintains repairs, troubleshoots and supports installation of complex manufacturing equipment such as robotic welders, CNC machines, hydraulic presses, coordinated lifting equipment, remote controlled equipment movers, three phase rectifiers, cranes, hoists, pumps, motors and other industrial equipment. These systems are critical to production and require maximum uptime to meet production goals. The successful candidate will be accountable for achieving individual and team MTTR goals. The position is within the maintenance department and will report to the maintenance engineer / area team manager.
• Responsible for completing assigned PM’s
• Responsible for diagnosing and repairing down equipment and escalating if MTTR goals will be impacted
• Supports the development of job plans which will include hazard evaluations, LOTO, material and labor estimates.
• Support development and updating of PM plans, job task instructions and equipment drawings
• Advise engineering, management and end users on recommendations for equipment improvement or modifications to use instructions
• Utilize CMMS to track work orders and log repairs.
• Works with purchasing agent and outside vendors to ensure spare parts availability
• Provide leadership to less tenured techs
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
•Successful completion of technical certificate, apprenticeship program or military training required
• 3-5 years’ experience working as an electrical technician, controls technician or instrumentation technician preferably in a production or processing plant
• Ability to read and understand electrical schematics, loop drawings, hydraulic diagrams, P&ID’s and blue prints
• Proficient in 3 phase power.
• Experience in troubleshooting motor control circuits
• Proficiency in utilizing common hand tools and test equipment
• An understanding of hydraulics, pneumatics, electronics, mathematics and general physics
• Must demonstrate a can do attitude
• Must be safety focused
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Experience with PLC programming software such as TIA Portal or RSLogix
• Experience working on VFD and Servo Drives
• Mechanical experience with motion control components such as linear bearing, gears and splines a plus
• Understanding of Rectifier and inverters
• Experience with RTD’s, pressure transmitters, level transmitters and switches
• Common instrumentation loop experience
• Absolute and incremental encoders experience
• Experience with machine guarding safety components such as light curtains, laser scanners, safety switches, estops and safety relays
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law:
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice:
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.
Location: Sacramento, CA
Application Method: Online: https://jobs.siemens.com/jobs/223850?lang=en-us&jobPipeline=Indeed
Base Pay: DOQ