Employer: Lower Colorado River Authority
Instrumentation & Control Technician
Lower Colorado River Authority - La Grange, TX 78945
Job No: 493391
Location: La Grange, TX
Categories: Operations/Maintenance (Power, Water, Transmission, Telecom)
At an intermediate level, is responsible for performing installation, testing, calibration, maintenance, and repair of instrumentation, control equipment, monitoring equipment and related systems. This position utilizes knowledge and experience in own discipline but is still building higher-level knowledge and skills.
Receives a moderate level of guidance and direction from supervisor, manager and/or more experienced colleagues.
What you will do:
• Monitors proper operation of equipment and systems within assigned area of responsibility.
• Identifies potential and actual problems and determines of appropriate corrective actions to be taken.
• Reads and interprets diagrams and prints.
• Documents changes made to systems or equipment through appropriate communications and record keeping practices. Documents work into logs, files, system prints and other records and through communications, both oral and written, with other team members and supervisors.
• Operates handheld testing, calibration, installation and maintenance tools and equipment.
• Follows tag-out procedures when performing work duties and ensures tag-out procedures are followed by other team members.
• Performs loop checks and commissioning new systems and or upgrades.
• Performs work by traveling independently or with a small crew to various locations (substations, power plants, water systems, etc.) as scheduled.
What qualifications you must have:
• Six or more years' experience in installation, maintenance and/or repair of instrumentation, control equipment or monitoring equipment.
• Degree in electronics, instrumentation, SCADA, engineering technology or relevant field may be substituted per LCRA guidelines for certain years of experience.
• Driver's license required if traveling to work at various locations.
What qualifications it would be nice for you to have:
• Knowledge of analog and digital circuitry
• Knowledge of human-machine interface software and systems
• Knowledge of control systems and equipment (e.g., distributed control systems, programmable logic controllers)
• Knowledge of monitoring systems
• Knowledge of electrical circuit theory
• Knowledge of test equipment specific to assigned area of responsibility
• Knowledge of Instrumentation principles
• Knowledge in the assembly and installation of high pressure and temperature instrumentation
• Skill in using work management systems
• Skill in the use of electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic testing equipment and calibration
• Skill in troubleshooting electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems
• Skill in cutting, bending, and fabricating tubing assemblies
• Skill in the use of handheld manual and power tools
• Skill in analyzing and solving problems
• Skill in reading and interpreting diagrams and prints
• Skill in verbal and written communication
• Skill in communicating effectively with team members, supervision/management and external
organizations under normal and emergency conditions
• Skill in articulating technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences
• Skill in office productivity applications (such as email, word processing, spreadsheets, etc.)
• Ability to update electrical, logic and P&ID drawings
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Ability to balance and manage competing high priority work demands
What we offer you:
• Competitive salary & medical, dental, vision and legal insurance
• 401(k) match up to 8%
• Paid time off, sick leave and disability benefits
• Wellness program including wellness incentive
• Extensive learning & development program
And more - all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
LCRA provides equal employment opportunities and a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at LCRA are based on business need, job requirement and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veteran status in accordance with applicable federal and state legal requirements governing nondiscrimination in employment.
Location: Grange, TX
Application Method: Online: https://careers.pageuppeople.com/1019/cw/en-us/job/493391/instrumentation-control-technician?lApplicationSubSourceID=11198
Base Pay: DOQ