Employer: Portland, OR
Portland General Electric - Clatskanie, OR
$40.87 an hour
This is an exciting time to join Portland General Electric. As Oregon’s largest electric utility, Portland General Electric is leading an energy transformation that will harness the power of clean and renewable resources. Our vision for a clean energy future relies on three interrelated and overarching strategies: de-carbonize through investing in clean and reliable energy; modernize through a smarter more resilient grid; and empower our customers in their energy technology choices.
We’re searching for innovative, customer and results-obsessed leaders to help power our mission and lead the way in championing the world’s clean energy future!
Starting rate of pay: $40.87/hour
Technician I is a training position intended to qualify an individual to perform the specific operating, maintenance and administrative functions required at the Port Westward Generating Plant. The successful applicant will join a multi-discipline rotating shift team and work toward qualification as a Tech II within one year. The Tech I will assist with plant operations and maintenance tasks as qualification progresses.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Train to become a Technician II (primary initial responsibility) on rotating shifts.
• Monitor, maintain, operate and test plant equipment and tools, as qualified
• Perform predictive maintenance, as qualified
• Perform preventive maintenance, as qualified
• Perform calibrations as qualified.
• Use installed and portable test equipment and technical manuals to troubleshoot equipment and system problems, as trained
• Perform water chemistry analysis, as qualified
• Perform administrative duties such as data collection, report writing, utilization of relevant computer programs and write procedures
• Order and receive plant materials
• Have primary responsibility for plant systems, as assigned
• Conduct training sessions, as assigned
• Continuously increase own knowledge level by independent study
• Participate in self-directed work teams
• Provide and receive feedback on team and individual performance
• Practice Company Guiding Behaviors: Dignify People, Make the Right Thing Happen, Be Accountable, Earn Trust, Positive Attitude, Team Behavior
Minor Job Responsibilities:
• Perform other plant duties as assigned
• Operate Company vehicles as assigned
• Plant personnel - Communicate orally, and in writing daily, to ensure productivity and that work is performed safely
• Departments internal to PGE (PSES, Health and Safety, Power Operations, other plants, etc) - Solicit and provide information for problem solving, etc.
• Vendors - Contact vendors to purchase, track and receive material.
• Computer - Utilize the computer to enhance information transfer, control work order flow, etc
• Regulators, Auditors, Inspectors - Answer questions and demonstrate procedures and methods
•Communicate effectively while working rotating shifts
•Utilize computers in many facets of the job
•Initiate and promote change and improvement on a routine basis
•Develop excellence in diverse areas of responsibility
•Know, understand and follow all safety issues at the plant
•Learn to give and receive feedback that will promote continual improvement
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Three years previous experience working in a power plant performing operations, electrical, instrumentation/control, and mechanical maintenance functions, or five years' operating, electrical, instrumentation/control, or mechanical maintenance experience and equivalent training in other areas.
• Demonstrated ability to perform non-routine and complex maintenance in most of the following areas:
- Mechanical - Valves, Pumps, Compressors, Rigging, Fittings, Hydraulics, Crane Ops, Large Engines, Fans, Piping, Tubing.
• Additional ability to perform task in these areas is beneficial:
- Electrical - Batteries, Breakers, Switchgear, Transformers, Motors, Regulators, Buses, power supplies
- I&C - Sensors, Transmitters, Controllers, Regulators, Pneumatics, Power Supplies, Tubing
- I&C - ST Plant Ops, GT Plant Ops, Logics, Schematics, P&IDs, Aux Boiler Ops, Clearances
• Demonstrated ability to work successfully both independently and as a team member
• Demonstrated ability to participate in individual and group goal setting and achievement
• Demonstrated ability to initiate and adapt to change
• Demonstrated ability to practice teamwork and PGE Guiding Behaviors
• Valid driver's license and demonstrated good driving habits
• Must pass the POSS-MASS Aptitude Test
PHYSICAL / MENTAL ABILITIES AND PROCESSES
• Decision making - intermediate
• Reasoning in problem solving - intermediate
• Reading and comprehension - intermediate
• Written communications - intermediate
• Must climb up to 110 ft of stairs routinely
• Must climb up to a 220 ft ladder occasionally
• Must lift and carry up to 100 lbs with assistance and 25 lbs without assistance
• Continual walking throughout the plant project on a routine basis
• Participate in Pipeline Safety mandated random drug and alcohol testing
Join us today and power your potential!
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the posting close date. A cover letter may be needed with your application to be considered for this position.
PGE believes in rewarding strong performance. We provide a total compensation package that is designed to reward your contributions to the company, and, at the same time, support your well-being and professional development, both now and into the future.
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
Talent Acquisition Contact:
This job posting will close at 12:01 am Pacific Time on the closing date listed below:
Location: Clatskanie, OR
Application Method: Online: https://portlandgeneral.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/pgn/job/Clatskanie-Oregon/Technician-I_R1278
Base Pay: DOQ