Employer: Yakima Chief Hops
Yakima Chief - Hopunion Llc - Sunnyside, WA 98944
Job Tittle: Mechanic
Classification: Non-Exempt / Hourly
Reports to: Director of Extract Plant, Packaging, Advanced Products, & Regulatory Compliance
• High School Diploma, GED or equivalent (required).
• Minimum of one-year experience as a mechanic. Familiarity and experience with Boiler, Refrigeration, instrumentation, calibration, PLC, welding and electrical desired.
• Must be able to effectively communicate in written and verbal form with co-workers, supervisor and management.
• Able to lift 50lbs.
• Proven written skills to accurately document and complete required paperwork.
• PC skills – Microsoft Excel & Word and Outlook.
• Follow written (SOPs, company memos, emails) and verbal instructions.
Conducts machine setup, troubleshooting, repairs, preventative maintenance service in a safe, reliable and efficient manner in full compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, SOPs, policies and procedure.
• Responsible for maintenance of all equipment in the extract plant, separation plant and packaging area, warehouse, and including general maintenance for the office and grounds.
• Provide technical direction and guidance to plant employees.
• Maintain flexible maintenance work schedule, including OT on weekdays and/or weekends and Holidays.
• Organize preventive maintenance list.
• Troubleshoot breakdowns and equipment problems on areas listed on #2. Repair equipment. If repairs cannot be made in-house, develop plan to contract service or consult with management.
• Write PO when ordering parts. Turn in PO and receipt of parts to Extract Plant Manager or Accounts Payable.
• Ensure spare parts inventories are stocked. It may entail going into town for picking and/or ordering these parts.
• Assist production personnel with maintenance projects, maintenance work orders, and emergency maintenance call.
• Keep tools organized and put away when not working on a job.
• Boiler upkeep, boiler blowdown, water softeners, hot water loop system, and water treatment. Boiler Tear down for Inspection and Reassembly.
• Industrial Refrigeration maintenance including doing rounds and readings for system check, routine maintenance, etc.
• Maintain Pond Level by adjusting irrigation water and calling SVID to open and close valves.
• Keep Pond weeds and algae in check with Spray.
• Responsible for maintaining and disposing of waste oil, florescent light bulbs, used batteries, through Clean Harbors.
• Housekeeping. Keep working areas clean and organized. Responsible for boiler room, workbench, and MCC room.
• Coordinate with the Extract Plant Lead for any maintenance task.
• Responsible for on call coverage, including weekend overtime and potential off-shift overtime as necessary.
• Notify your supervisor if you identify or recommend ways to improve process efficiency.
• Maintain sanitary and safe work environment & follow safety requirements.
• May actively participate on company’s Safety Committee.
• Ensure that company safety policies as well as federal, state and local safety and environmental regulations are observed.
• Must have a complete understanding of company’s policies, SOPs, QPs, EPs, HACCP and cGMP to ensure quality, safety, efficiency and sustainability.
• Must adhere to all company policies.
• Examine documents, materials, and products and monitor work processes to assess completeness, accuracy and conformance to standards and specifications.
• Follow all SOPs in a given area.
• Perform all other duties as assigned by Manager and/or designee.
Location: Sunnyside, WA
Application Method: Online: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=23669&clientkey=D51E9348512510B87E83CE86A406F2E8
Base Pay: DOQ