Facilities Instrumentation and Controls Technician
Boise, ID, US
Req Id: 196901
Micron Technology’s vision is to transform how the world uses information to enrich life and our commitment to people, innovation, tenacity, collaboration, and customer focus allows us to fulfill our mission to be a global leader in memory and storage solutions. This means conducting business with integrity, accountability, and professionalism while supporting our global community.
• Micron is one of the most popular Fortune 500 companies to work for based on employee input.
• Micron celebrated its 40th anniversary in 2018.
• Micron is committed to provide quality, innovative and proactive Facilities services through customer collaboration as we strive to be a global leader in memory and storage solutions.
We are looking for Facilities Instrumentation and Controls Technicians to service, maintain, troubleshoot, modify and repair instrumentation and controls systems components for a state-of-the-art semiconductor FAB. The work environment is primarily indoors and clean. This position gives you the opportunity to expand and develop your skills as you work on highly technical facilities equipment using a leading-edge maintenance program.
• Perform calibrations on a wide variety of Facilities instruments.
• Maintain and troubleshoot PLC components.
• Provide effective and timely support to resolve equipment issues.
• Provide timely and thorough preventative maintenance on highly technical facilities equipment.
• Identify and resolve chronic equipment alarm issues.
• Identify and reduce equipment defects to improve quality and maximize system stability.
• Maintain records on testing and calibrations of equipment.
• Assist with installation, modification, repair and removal of facilities equipment.
• Provide a high level of service with strong customer focus and build effective relationships with supported teams.
• 12-hour shifts. Work seven out of fourteen days by alternating between three and four work days. Rotate between day and night shifts every four months.
Successful candidates for this position will have:
• Intermediate PC skills including a familiarity with MS Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Proven ability to follow procedures and work with minimal supervision
• Proven time management, organization, and prioritization skills
• Proven ability to multi-task in a high-paced environment
• Proven ability to communicate effectively
• Strong partnering and teamwork skills
• Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated critical thinking skills
• Demonstrated ability to continuously learn and self-improve
• Demonstrated ability to handle basic arithmetic calculations
• Demonstrated knowledge of safety codes and regulations
• Ability to work any shift, which includes weekends, nights and holidays. Shifts are 12-hours, with work weeks that alternate between three and four days.
Education and Experience:
• Required: Minimum – Relevant degree or appropriate certifications/licensing
• Preferred: 5 years' experience, journeyman electric license
Micron is 20 minutes from downtown Boise, Idaho. Boise is located west of the Rocky Mountains and just north of the Great Basin deserts. The Boise River snakes through the city, and, in the summer, offers up the perfect conditions for river floating. Residents and visitors alike enjoy year-round outdoor adventures including hiking, skiing, cycling and whitewater rafting. Boiseans enjoy four seasons with average temperatures of 71 degrees in the summer to average temperatures of 32 degrees in the winter. Idaho has one of the lowest crime rates in the country, with only Utah ranking safer in the West.
• Employee Rewards Program
• Paid time off (Combined Sick and Vacation Time)
• Retirement savings plans
• Paid maternity/paternity leave
• Employee Assistance Program
• Professional development training
• Workplace wellness programs
• On-site cafeterias
• Micron Health Clinic
• Fitness Center / Activity rooms
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Micron Corporate Discounts
As the leader in innovative memory solutions, Micron is helping the world make sense of data by delivering technology that is transforming how the world uses information. Through our global brands — Micron, Crucial and Ballistix — we offer the industry’s broadest portfolio. We are the only company manufacturing today’s major memory and storage technologies: DRAM, NAND, NOR and 3D XPoint™ memory. Our solutions are purpose built to leverage the value of data to unlock financial insights, accelerate scientific breakthroughs and enhance communication around the world.
We recruit, hire, train, promote, discipline and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person's race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, veteran’s status, or other classifications protected under law. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for team members' disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Each manager, supervisor and team member is responsible for carrying out this policy. The EEO Administrator in Human Resources is responsible for administration of this policy. The administrator will monitor compliance and is available to answer any questions on EEO matters.
To request assistance with the application process, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 (or 208-368-4748).
Nearest Major Market: Boise
Nearest Secondary Market: Meridian
Location: Boise, ID
Application Method: Online: https://jobs.micron.com/job/Boise-Facilities-Instrumentation-and-Controls-Technician-ID-83701/651427000/
Base Pay: DOQ