Employer: The Clorox Company
Electrical, Instrumentation & Controls Technician Intern (EIC Intern)
The Clorox Company670 reviews - Forest Park, GA 30297
At Clorox, we build big brands that make everyday life better, every day. We value our differences, and challenge each other to think and act boldly. We try new things, succeed, fail and keep learning. We work hard, and have busy personal lives. And we’re all able to make a positive impact – at Clorox, in our communities, and in the lives of millions of people who invite us into their homes. Make your mark and help us drive Good Growth – growth that is profitable, sustainable and responsible.
The Maintenance Department is seeking a qualified candidate for the EIC Intern position at our Atlanta Main facility in Forest Park, GA.
- The plant is a 24/7 Operation
- Crews work 12-hour shifts
- Intern shift schedule would be dependent on business needs and school schedule
• Candidate must perform all work in a safe manner and in accordance with OSHA and Clorox safety standards at all times.
• Candidate must show the will and desire to demonstrate detailed working knowledge in a number of technical areas.
• The candidate will gain experience in troubleshooting electrical circuits and reading/understanding electrical schematics.
• The candidate will gain experience in the ability to troubleshoot PLC’s (Programmable Logic Controllers). Some examples of PLC’s in the plant are:
• Allen Bradley ControlLogix using RSLogix 5000 and StudioLogix 5000
• Allen Bradley PLC-5 series using RSLogix 5
• Allen Bradley SLC-500/Micrologix series Using RSLogix 500
• The candidate will gain experience in the ability to troubleshoot HMI’s (Human-Machine Interfaces). Some examples of HMI’s in the plant are:
• Allen Bradley Panelviews using Factory Talk ME
• Allen Bradley PC based applications using Factory Talk SE
• The candidate will gain experience to troubleshoot and configure the following communications networks and protocols:
• Remote I/O
• The candidate will gain experience to troubleshoot and configure the following AC/DC drives:
• Allen Bradley PowerFlex AC drives
• DC drives
• The candidate will gain experience to calibrate and troubleshoot the following:
• Mass flowmeters
• Pressure transmitters
• Level transmitters
• Control Valves
Key Skills, Abilities and Experience Required
• Candidates should have computer skills using all the appropriate business computer programs such as Microsoft Office and related programs.
• Strong oral and written communication skills are crucial.
• Basic mechanical fabrication, machine shop, and installation skills would be beneficial.
• Candidate should be actively involved in or a recent graduate of an industrial maintenance or engineering program. Previous work experience in manufacturing is desired but not required.
More about Product Supply (PSO)
The Product Supply Organization (PSO) is an inclusive, diverse global community of leaders. Our team is responsible for sourcing, making and shipping some of the world’s most trusted household products. In our organization, safety is paramount and innovation a must. Join us if you want to keep growing professionally and make an impact in the lives of millions of homes.
More About Clorox:
The Clorox Company (NYSE: CLX) is a leading multinational manufacturer and marketer of consumer and professional products with approximately 8,800 employees worldwide and fiscal year 2020 sales of $6.7 billion. Clorox markets some of the most trusted and recognized consumer brand names, including its namesake bleach and cleaning products;
• Pine-Sol® cleaners
• Liquid-Plumr® clog removers
• Poett® home care products
• Fresh Step® cat litter
• Glad® bags, wraps and containers
• Kingsford® charcoal
• Hidden Valley® dressings and sauces
• Brita® water-filtration products; Burt's Bees® natural personal care products
• RenewLife® digestive health products
• Rainbow Light®, Natural Vitality™ and NeoCell® dietary supplements.
The company also markets industry-leading products and technologies for professional customers, including those sold under the CloroxPro™ and Clorox Healthcare® brand names. Nearly 80% of the company's sales are generated from brands that hold the No. 1 or No. 2 market share positions in their categories.
Please apply directly to our job postings and do not submit your resume to any person via text message. Clorox does not conduct text-based interviews and encourages you to be cautious of anyone posing as a Clorox recruiters via unsolicited texts during these uncertain times.
Location: Forest Park, GA
Application Method: Online: https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/clorox/Clorox/job/Forest-Park-GA---USA/Electrical--Instrumentation---Controls-Technician-Intern--EIC-Intern-_3504?source=%3C%3CApplicant_Source-6-1%3E%3E
Base Pay: DOQ