Maintenance Operator - Power Generation Plant - Redfield, AR
At Entergy, we’ve been planning for the future for more than 100 years. We’ve experienced a lot of change, generating power first from sawdust to now splitting atoms, harnessing sunlight and using abundant, clean and efficient natural gas.
We are on the verge of a monumental technology convergence, where reality swiftly catches up to possibility. The utility of the future does much more than keep the lights on and the gas flowing. It’s knowledgeable and skillful workforce will solve challenges and fuel a brighter, smarter, more prosperous future for everyone.
Having the lowest retail electricity rates of any utility in the United States drives economic growth within Entergy’s region, a key ingredient to sustained growth for any utility. We also believe a diverse workforce committed to personal and professional growth is critical to our success. We place a high priority on developing talent to meet current and future needs, giving employees opportunities to grow their careers their way.
Entergy’s Power Generation group operates a fleet of more than 30 owned, leased, or operated natural gas, coal, oil hydro and petroleum coke plants, with total engineering capacity of over 18,500 megawatts and is building or acquiring more than 3,000 megawatts of new natural gas generation to join its 30,000 megawatts of nuclear, natural gas, coal, oil, hydroelectric and solar facilities.
** Positions can be filled by a Maintenance Operator Helper 1, Maintenance Operator Helper 2, or Maintenance Operator 1 based on the experience and qualifications of the selected candidates. **
Member of a rotating shift working under the direction of a Plant Supervisor. Responsible for performing operating functions which includes monitoring and operating power plant equipment, is knowledgeable in power plant systems, starting and stopping equipment, isolating and safety tagging equipment for maintenance activities, and monitoring water chemistry. Responsible for performing routine operator rounds and performing lubrication to plant rotating equipment as required. Is familiar with plant environmental procedures and ensure units operate within specifications. Operate and maintain units while maintaining a high level of Safety, Reliability, Efficiency and cost. Work through Operational Skills Development Plan to gain specific knowledge of plant equipment and progress through Maintenance Operator levels up to Operations Technician.
• Knowledgeable in and complies to environmental rules and regulations
• Knowledgeable in and follows safety policies, practices and procedures
• Performs preventative maintenance activities which include simple electrical, instrument and mechanical work/inspection and repair
• Work overtime at times when shift coverage is required due to unexpected circumstances
• High school diploma
◦ Process Technology, Instrumentation and Controls,
◦ or Electronics college degree or equivalent work experience
• 0 - 2 years of experience in Operations or similar field
• Entry level with a background in Process Technology/Instrumentation
◦ Equipment Operation experience
◦ Power Plant and/or Maintenance experience
◦ Mechanic and millwright experience
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of the elementary principles of mechanical measuring devices, instruments, controls, and regulating devices as used in steam electric plants
• Knowledge of the principles of operation and function of steam boilers, turbo-generators, pumps, heaters, steam traps, piping systems, pressure and level regulators and their controls, and auxiliary systems
Any Certificates, Licenses, etc.:
• Successful completion of the EEI POSS/MASS test
• Candidates selected to take the POSS MASS Test will be invited via e-mail. You may need to check your spam email
** If you are POSS MASS Recommended, please note it on your resume. **
Primary Location: Arkansas-Redfield
Job Function: Skilled / Craft
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Relocation Option: No Relocation Offered
Union description/code: Arkansas Bargaining - Fossil-A03
Number of Openings: 2
Req ID: 100455
Travel Percentage:Up to 25%
Location: Redfield, AK
Application Method: Online: https://jobs.entergy.com/job/Redfield-Maintenance-Operator-Power-Generation-Plant-Arka/680982300/?feedId=57000&utm_source=Indeed&utm_campaign=Entergy
Base Pay: DOQ