Employer: Sealed Air
Maintenance Tech II - Renton, WA, US
REQ ID: 28118
Maintains, repairs, troubleshoots shop machines and performs routine preventative maintenance on production machines to ensure that operation of machinery is active. Able to work without direct supervisor and capable of finding solutions quickly and easily provides a strong work proactive ethic with good communication skills, ensuring high morale, team-work and good employee relations, at all levels, including on the shop floor.
These essential functions indicate the general nature and level of work expected in this position. These functions are not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required. Maintenance team members may be asked to perform other duties as required and the responsibilities of the position may change.
* Takes a very active role in ensuring safety and changes needed for an accident free environment
* Maintains, tests, and repairs continuous manufacturing equipment including Extruders, bag making equipment and other various electrical/electronic systems and facility/building systems and equipment.
* Lead, train, motivate and direct people
* Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
* Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
* Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools
* Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
* Fabricates new parts and repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment that includes, but is not limited to, knee mill, lathe, and welding.
* Orders replacement parts and equipment for machines, within prescribed dollar limits, as necessary.
* Applies an extensive and practical experience and knowledge base to develop alternative solutions to difficult and unusual machinery problems and assignments.
* Participates in continuous improvement events to increase process efficiency.
* Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by enforcing regulations.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed and ensures compliance to all corporate guidelines & policies.
* Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
* Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed and maintains a high quality consciousness
Performs installations, preventive maintenance, and repairs on buildings, mechanical equipment and utility systems using one or more trade skills (e.g., electrical, mechanical, plumbing, carpentry) Ñ Prepares and maintains records of completed maintenance repair work Ñ Maintains current knowledge of all applicable procedures and safety measures
Requisition id: 28118
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status. Sealed Air participates in the E-Verify Program (US sites only).
WHY WORK AT SEALED AIR?
It is our responsibility to leverage what we have to affect positive and meaningful change for our communities and planet using Sealed Air’s global resources and expertise.
• Corporate sustainability. It’s about improving the lives of people around the world by addressing pressing needs in the communities where we and our customers operate.
• Customer Success. Meeting our customers' needs. At Sealed Air it’s more than a goal, it’s an integral part of our business practices, our innovative solutions, and our values.
• Leaving our communities better than we found them through dedication of time, talent and resources.
Nearest Major Market: Seattle
Nearest Secondary Market: Bellevue
Location: Renton, WA
Application Method: Online: https://jobs.sealedair.com/job/Renton-Skilled-Trade-Associate-II-TW4447-B04-T2-WA-98055/589058000/?feedId=204600&utm_source=Indeed&utm_campaign=SealedAir_Indeed
Base Pay: DOQ