Employer: Phillips 66
Instrumentation & Electrical Technician- Tremley Point, NJ
Tremley Point, New Jersey
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future:
Phillips 66 has more than 140 years of experience in providing the energy that allows people to dream bigger and go farther, faster. We are committed to improving lives. That is our promise to our employees and our communities. And we are sustained by the backgrounds and experiences of our diverse teams. We call our cultural mindset Our Energy in Action, and it is defined through four simple, intuitive behaviors: We work for the greater good, create an environment of trust, seek different perspectives and achieve excellence. Phillips 66, ranked No. 23 on the Fortune 500 in 2019, has returned more than $26 billion to our shareholders since 2012.
This Instrumentation & Electrical Technician will be based out of Tremley Point, NJ and is primarily responsible for the safe operations and maintenance of Company pipeline assets located in and around the geographic area. The position will calibrate and inspect measurement equipment, conduct routine pipeline maintenance, eliminate and report product leaks, seeps, and spills, as well as assist with construction, maintenance and mechanical integrity projects on the pipeline. The position will maintain qualifications and record documentation in accordance with all applicable DOT and OSHA regulations to ensure compliance.
Responsibilities May Include:
• Performing and providing technical support for installations, maintenance, and repairs of mechanical, electrical, and rotating equipment.
• Performing planned maintenance checks and calibration and timely submits appropriate reports.
• Assisting supervisors in changing technology and budget requirements.
• Maintaining effective spare parts inventory.
• Assisting in pump tear down/rebuild inspections and new pump installations.
• Working with Pipeline Integrity and Reliability group for new technologies around rotating equipment.
• Minimizing downtime and unsafe conditions by performing preventative maintenance.
• Maintaining mechanical skills by attending training sessions and on-the-job training.
• Maintaining technical and administrative records, including prints and project reports.
• Repairing minor electrical repairs.
• Troubleshooting control circuits for motors.
• Responding to emergencies and participate in emergency response.
• Driving teamwork throughout the area of responsibility.
• Supervising, directing, and training contract crews.
• Participating in Safety Action Plans.
• Completing and maintaining required safety/regulatory training (CBT).
• Pursuing cost reduction opportunities.
• Reading and understanding pump curves.
• Reading and understanding P&ID's (process and instrumentation diagrams).
• Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must maintain a valid driver's license
• Willingness and ability to perform and comply with following, with or without reasonable accommodations:
o To climb up to 50 feet using both inclined and vertical steps/ladders
o To lift up to 45 pounds
o To bend, kneel, knee stand and squat up to 30 minutes at a time
o To sit and stand for prolonged periods over 2 hours at a time according to job demands
o To work outside in harsh weather conditions
o To work alone a high percentage of the time
o To travel up to 15% of the time
o To respond to emergency calls as needed
o To work overtime on an as-needed basis
o To work with chemicals and bases
o To wear personal protective equipment (such as fire-retardant clothing, steel-toe shoes, ear and eye protection)
o To maintain your face so that a respirator / face mask can seal properly. i.e. to be clean shaven (facial hair)
o To perform firefighting duties
o To work with hydrocarbons that are under high pressure and heat
• Willing and able to obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Card (TWIC); information can be found at https://www.tsa.gov/for-industry/twic
• Associate's degree in Electrical Maintenance, Instrumentation or Industrial Electronics
• 4 or more years of relevant Industry experience (Midstream, Pipelines or Terminals) or Military experience
• 4 or more years of experience working with any of the following:
o Electrical power and components
o Digital and analog circuitry
o One-line drawings and schematics
o Allen-Bradley PLCs
o Rosemount Transmitters
o OMNI flow computer
o Mechanical and rotating equipment
• Intermediate level or proficiency using MS Office and SAP
To be considered:
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of October 30, 2020 .
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Requisition ID: 52602
Location: New Jersey - Tremley Point
Job Field: Operations
Division : Midstream Operations
Technical Req : No
Location: Tremley Point, NJ
Application Method: Online: https://phillips66.jobs/tremley-point-nj/instrumentation-electrical-technician-tremley-point-nj/3554BE1FF34B49C3B60B4E828BA6688E/job/?utm_campaign=Indeed&utm_medium=Job%20Aggregator&utm_source=Indeed-DE
Base Pay: DOQ