Employer: Phillips 66
Technical Operator - Portland, OR
Phillips 66 & YOU - Together we can fuel the future
Phillips 66 has more than 140 years of experience in providing the energy that enables people to dream bigger and go farther, faster. We are committed to improving lives, and that is our promise to our employees and our communities. We are sustained by the backgrounds and experiences of our diverse teams, which reflect who we are, the environment we create and how we work together. Our company is built on values of safety, honor and commitment. We call our cultural mindset Our Energy in Action, which we define through four simple, intuitive behaviors: We work for the greater good, create an environment of trust, seek different perspectives and achieve excellence. Phillips 66 was recognized by Forbes as one of “America’s Best Employers” in 2019.
The Technical Operator will perform duties in support of the safe operation of a large products terminal, which includes truck loading, and off-loading, rail car off-loading, tank farm operations, marine dock operations and pipeline receipts from the Phillips 66 Ferndale Refinery into the Portland tank farm. The Technical Operator will work an 80-hour bi-weekly schedule with potential for over-time.
Responsibilities May Include:
• Ensuring quality and quantity of refined products and/or crude oils.
• Identifying and resolving scheduling conflicts in a timely manner.
• Ensuring timely completion of all required paperwork.
• Staying abreast of changes in operation requirements, policies and processes.
• Performing operational duties in accordance with the Terminal Operating and Procedures and Site-Specific Procedures.
• Taking samples of product from tanks and pipeline tenders.
• Compliance with all internal and external policies and procedures.
• Responding to emergencies, maintaining emergency equipment and participating in emergency response training and exercises.
• Completing mandated safety and regulatory training (computer-based & instructor led training).
• Monitoring controls and establishing valve line-ups for pipeline delivery and receipts.
• Maintaining effective and professional relationships with customers and responding promptly to their needs.
• Performing environmental and regulatory checks (eliminating, containing and reporting all product seeps and spills).
•Performing security and equipment facility rounds; minimizing downtime and unsafe conditions.
• Assisting with new employee training.
• Completing daily, weekly, monthly and annual inventory reconciliation including; agency and other required reports.
• Performing Lock Out/Tag Out, Hot Work Permits, Excavation Permits, and Confined Space Entry permits for safe and effective execution of work.
• Complying with Waste Management per local Environmental processes in addition to SPCC, DOT, DEQ, USCG, and Measurement Manual.
• Performing work in accordance with Operator Qualifications (OQ’s).
• This is a non-union position.
Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent
• Must maintain valid driver’s license
• 18 years of age or older
• Willing and able to perform/comply, with or without a reasonable accommodation, with the following:
• To climb various ladders and stairs to operate valves, gauge tanks, or perform maintenance on equipment are a part of this position. The ladders and stairs typically range from 5 to 50 feet in height.
• To raise and transport articles weighing up to 50 pounds
• To walk, stand, stoop, sit, climb, and carry material on a daily on even and uneven terrain
• To work outside in harsh weather conditions
• To wear personal protective equipment, such as flame-retardant clothing, eye protection, ear protection, steel-toed boots, hard hat, etc.
• To be on call, work overtime, nights, weekends, or holidays on an as-needed basis
• To work alone a high percentage of the time
• To work a 8 or 12 hour shift
• Willing and able to obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Card (TWIC); information can be found at https://www.tsa.gov/for-industry/twic
• *This position does require an entry level assessment
• Associate degree or higher in process technology or related technical degree
• 3 or more years of experience in the petroleum industry with emphasis in marine terminals
• 1 year of experience with the following:
• Allen-Bradley PLC's and HMI’s
• Omni Flow Computers
• Guardian 3 programs
• Varec Tank Gauging
• Magnetrol Transmitters
• Vapor Recovery Unit (VRU)
• NFPA 70e awareness
• Working knowledge of refined products and/or crude oil quality specifications
• Working knowledge of mechanical and rotating equipment
• Working knowledge of process controls and oil movements
• Working knowledge of P&ID drawings
Phillips 66's Midstream business is a safe, reliable and trusted logistics provider for the movement and storage of liquid or gas energy via pipelines or terminals. We are an industry leader in logistics and operate or manage more than 21,000 miles of pipelines that transport crude oil from oil fields to refineries and finished products from a refineries to storage terminals. We operate 39 terminals that supply finished products to consumer gas stations, as well as crude oil and NGL storage terminals and NGL fractionation facilities. We also provide the connectivity between the various Phillips 66 business units.
To be considered:
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of October 12, 2020.
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Requisition ID: 53273
Location: Oregon - Portland
Job Field: Operations
Division : Midstream Operations
Technical Req : No
Location: Portland, OR
Application Method: Online: https://phillips66.jobs/portland-or/technical-operator-portland-or/70207DCFBF224678ABDF87753991DB38/job/?utm_campaign=Indeed&utm_medium=Job%20Aggregator&utm_source=Indeed-DE
Base Pay: DOQ