Employer: Phillips 66
Terminal Technician - Linden, NJ
Linden, New Jersey
Phillips 66 & YOU - Together we can fuel the future:
Phillips 66 has more than 140 years of experience in providing the energy that enables people to dream bigger and go farther, faster. We are committed to improving lives, and that is our promise to our employees and our communities. We are sustained by the backgrounds and experiences of our diverse teams, which reflect who we are, the environment we create and how we work together. Our company is built on values of safety, honor and commitment. We call our cultural mindset Our Energy in Action, which we define through four simple, intuitive behaviors: We work for the greater good, create an environment of trust, seek different perspectives and achieve excellence. Phillips 66 was recognized by Forbes as one of “America’s Best Employers” in 2019.
The Terminal Technician is responsible for providing support for operations by maintaining and operating equipment and processes at our Linden, NJ Midstream Terminal. The role will participate as an integral team member and will be a key contributor to the organization from a support capacity. The role will perform duties in support of the safe operation of a large products truck rack terminal, which includes truck loading and off-loading, tank farm operations, and pipeline receipts, as well as the monitoring of VCU (Vapor Combustion Unit) operation and emissions for compliance within regulations. The work schedule will be over a 42 hour work week with rotating day/night shifts and potential over-time.
Responsibilities May Include:
• Ensuring quality and quantity of refined products and/or crude oils.
• Identifying and resolving scheduling conflicts in a timely manner.
• Ensuring timely completion of all required paperwork.
• Staying abreast of changes in operation requirements, policies and processes.
• Performing operational duties in accordance with the Terminal Operating and Procedures and Site Specific Procedures.
• Compliance with all internal and external policies and procedures.
• Responding to emergencies, maintaining emergency equipment and participating in emergency response training and exercises.
• Completing mandated safety and regulatory training (computer-based & instructor led training).
• Monitoring controls and establishing valve line-ups for pipeline delivery and receipts.
• Maintaining effective and professional relationships with customers and responding promptly to their needs.
• Performing environmental and regulatory checks (eliminating, containing and reporting all product seeps and spills).
•Performing security and equipment facility rounds; minimizing downtime and unsafe conditions.
• Assisting with new employee training.
• Completing daily, weekly, monthly and annual inventory reconciliation including; agency and other required reports.
• Performing Lock Out/Tag Out, Hot Work Permits, Excavation Permits, and Confined Space Entry permits for safe and effective execution of work.
• Complying with Waste Management per local Environmental processes in addition to SPCC, DOT, TRRC, USCG and Measurement Manual.
• Performing work in accordance with Operator Qualifications (OQ’s).
• This is a union represented position
• Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent
• Must maintain valid driver’s license
• 18 years of age or older
• 1 or more years of experience in the petroleum industry
• Knowledge of process controls and oil movements
• Knowledge of P&ID drawings
• Willing and able to perform/comply, with or without a reasonable accommodation, with the following:
• To climb various ladders and stairs to operate valves, gauge tanks, or perform maintenance on equipment are a part of this position. The ladders and stairs typically range from 5 to 40 feet in height
• To raise and transport articles weighing up to 71 pounds
• To walk, stand, stoop, sit, climb, and carry material on a daily basis on even and uneven terrain
• To work outside in harsh weather conditions
• To wear personal protective equipment, such as flame retardant clothing, eye protection, ear protection, steel-toed boots, hard hat, etc.
• To be on call, work overtime, nights, weekends, or holidays on an as-needed basis
• To work alone a high percentage of the time
• To work a 12 hour rotating shift
• Must currently hold or be able to qualify to receive a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card. Note, information regarding TWIC qualification standards may be found at www.tsa.gov/whatwedo/layers/twic/index.shtm
• Conditions of employment may include successful completion of an entry-level test
• Associate's Degree or higher in process technology or other petroleum industry degree
• One year of experience with the following:
• Allen-Bradley PLC's.
• Magnetrol Transmitters.
• VRU (Vapor Recovery Unit)
• Knowledge of refined products and/or crude oil quality specifications
• Knowledge of mechanical and rotating equipment
Phillips 66's Midstream business is a safe, reliable and trusted logistics provider for the movement and storage of liquid or gas energy via pipelines or terminals. We are an industry leader in logistics and operate or manage more than 21,000 miles of pipelines that transport crude oil from oil fields to refineries and finished products from a refineries to storage terminals. We operate 39 terminals that supply finished products to consumer gas stations, as well as crude oil and NGL storage terminals and NGL fractionation facilities. We also provide the connectivity between the various Phillips 66 business units.
To be considered:
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of October 13, 2020.
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Requisition ID: 53279
Location: New Jersey - Linden
Job Field: Operations
Division : Midstream Operations
Technical Req : No
Location: Linden, NJ
Application Method: Online: https://phillips66.jobs/linden-nj/terminal-technician-linden-nj/30E064063CE942A8A30834759E9174AB/job/?utm_campaign=Indeed&utm_medium=Job%20Aggregator&utm_source=Indeed-DE
Base Pay: DOQ