TST C Electrician
Salary: $69,216.00 - $84,300.00 Annually
Location: King County - Seattle - N. Seattle, WA
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Department: Dept. of Transportation
Job Number: 20DOT-NWR-12737
Closing: 10/14/2020 11:59 PM Pacific
Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT) is the steward of an integrated, multimodal transportation system that helps to ensure people and goods move safely and efficiently throughout the state. In addition to building, maintaining, and operating the state highway system, WSDOT operates the largest ferry system in the nation, manages the world's longest floating bridge, and recently completed the world's widest tunneling project.
WSDOT is currently seeking an experienced Electrician to join our Maintenance Team at our State of the art, award winning, SR99 Tunnel Facility in the heart of Seattle. We are looking for an individual that is technically focused, innovative, and enjoys new challenges.
What to Expect:
This position will assist in the maintenance, repair and testing of electrical components and systems supplying power to the SR-99 Tunnel. This position works alone and as part of a team to accomplish jobs safely and correctly, and plays a critical role ensuring the safety of the traveling public who utilize the SR-99 Tunnel.
Among the varied range of responsibilities held within this role, you/the Transportation Systems Technician C Electrician will:
- Strictly following NEC and WAC standards and specifications, maintain, troubleshoot, repair, and tests electrical components and systems consisting of 480 Volt 3 Phase and 240/120 Volt single phase wiring whose components include but are not limited to: emergency standby generators, transfer switches, uninterruptable power supplies, power panels, breakers, conduit, conductors, splices, lighting control circuits, transformers, motors, DC drives, rectifiers, and highway illumination
- Maintain and repair power distribution systems up to 26kv that includes transformers, switch gear, fuses, load break devices, distribution panels, conductors, and monitoring systems
- Remove obsolete electrical components and systems, and install new system equipment and components to enhance or improve operations as needed
- Maintain, test, and repair multiplexed two-wire alarm monitoring and control systems consisting of electronic components and microprocessor programmable control systems that monitor and control tunnel operations
- Complete daily work reports and prepare and maintain electrical parts and equipment inventory
- Perform other duties as assigned
- To be considered for this opportunity, the following are required:
- High School Graduation or GED
- Valid Washington State driver’s license with CDL Class B with auto transmission without air brakes restriction, or the ability to obtain within six (6) months of employment
- Four years’ experience in electrical field with one year troubleshooting and performing maintenance on electrical components and systems
- It is preferred that qualified candidates also have:
- Five or more years’ experience troubleshooting and performing maintenance and repairs on commercial / industrial electrical switchgear, UPS systems, generators, battery backup systems and related equipment
- EL01 electrical license
- The salary listed for this position includes a legislative approved 5% premium for workers in King County.
- This position is subject to the drug and alcohol testing requirements of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMSCA). For more information, please go to DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing.
- Work-Life Balance – We are committed to ensure that our staff experience the reward of public service, while also sustaining a routine that suits each individuals’ lifestyle. As such, there are a number of flexible schedule options available, including occasional telework for eligible positions.
- Paid Leave – In addition to 10 paid holidays, full-time employees earn a minimum 14 paid vacation days per year!
- Tuition Assistance – Permanent employees have several options for assistance with education expenses, including tuition reimbursement programs, government discounts at participating colleges throughout the state, and eligibility for federal student loan forgiveness.
- Plan For Your Future – WSDOT offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes a variety of healthcare options. Employees also have their choice of state retirement programs, and much more. Go to State Benefits for more information.
Check out this video to learn more: Why WSDOT?
How to Apply:
Applications for this recruitment will be accepted electronically. Your relevant experience may be evaluated to determine salary. Therefore, it is very important that the “Work Experience” portion of the application be completed in as much detail as possible.
In order to be considered for this opportunity, please include the following with your online application: An attached Resume outlining your experience to date.
- An attached Cover Letter that further explains your qualifications, and indicates why you believe you are a viable candidate for this role.
- Contact details for a minimum three (3) individuals who can attest to your work performance, technical skills, and job-related competencies. NOTE: This information may be entered in the “References” section of the online application; does not require an additional attachment.
Please click the "APPLY" button to proceed. Note that you will be prompted to either sign in, or create an account. This step is required in order to submit an application to this opportunity.
WSDOT is an equal opportunity employer. We value the importance of creating an environment in which all employees can feel respected, included and empowered to bring unique ideas to the agency. Our diversity and inclusion efforts include embracing different cultures, backgrounds and viewpoints while fostering growth and advancement in the workplace. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, persons of disability, persons over 40 years of age, disabled and Vietnam era veterans, as well as people of all sexual orientations and gender identities are encouraged to apply. Persons with disabilities needing assistance in the application process, or those needing this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the listed Recruiter.
WSDOT does not use the E-Verify system. For more information, please visit www.uscis.gov
For inquiries about this posting, you may contact the assigned Recruiter, Renee Mason, at MasonR@wsdot.wa.gov. Please be sure to reference 20DOT-NWR-12737 in the subject line.
Location: King County - Seattle - N. Seattle
Application Method: Online: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/washington/wsdot/jobs/2855705/tst-c-electrician?keywords=12737&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
Base Pay: $69,216 - $84,300 YR